• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Nostalgia

Hmm I've been a member here for more than half of my life as well. Crazy.

27 now, soon to be 28 in a couple months; joined when I was 14.

Woohooo! Let's keep keep 'em coming. [mention=2]Peo[/mention], any word on maybe sending a mass email out to all those with > 1000 posts?

Yes, I'm working on that so I guess sometime next week.

This may be a little controversial, but would it not be prudent to time the email along with something... different.
For example, an upgrade to v5 of vBulletin - These forums are starting to look a little dated :)

To note - Just seen the reviews - Yes they are dreadful. But what vBulletin have done, is shifted away from the basic "forums" and gone a little more social.
I actually like it.

Forums are dieing, it's a fact we don't like to see, but never the less, it's true. Sites NEED something new, props for vBulletin trying to deliver that.

This may be a little controversial, but would it not be prudent to time the email along with something... different.
For example, an upgrade to v5 of vBulletin - These forums are starting to look a little dated :)

I've been thinking about that over the last month and we will not upgrade to vBulletin 5. Too many disappointed customers and issues. We are looking at migrating to another forum software.

I've been thinking about that over the last month and we will not upgrade to vBulletin 5. Too many disappointed customers and issues. We are looking at migrating to another forum software.

A shame - But I can highly recommend IPB. I do have a license (expired, but only $40 to reactivate) that I could transfer over to you if you wish - Its been in my account for years and I've not used it once :(

Thanks Richard. I use IPB on another forum. It's a good software and one possible option, but curently we are looking at a different forum solution. Any more guesses?

I'm pretty sure I've been using this site since 1998 or 1999, before it even used vB.

I've been a member of an online forum for more than half of my life. That's weird to think about.

I'm pretty sure I've been using this site since 1998 or 1999, before it even used vB.

I've been a member of an online forum for more than half of my life. That's weird to think about.
Yeah, it's really strange. At least my car insurance is getting cheaper.

Oh hey everyone :wink2:

Talk about Nostalgia, I remember back when the forums were on the old "thread" system. I'm member #4 here.

I came back here some time ago, but then got caught up with work. I'm 28 years old now... and certainly a different person when I first joined this website. I look back and shake my head in embarrassment over some of things I did. Yeah, there is quite a bit of nostalgia nonetheless. I wonder what happened to "bigperm".

I'm surprised Peo let you back, TBH. Everyone goes through stages, this is true, but dude you were constantly trolling people.

Back