• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

nVidia, dead?

Is there any evidence on this one?

But just want to say I doubt this is totally true. I wont believe that article just yet.

/e: Just having searched, this article is the only one that is stating this (Finding it easily on Google News). So I don't know. I will say one thing though, the CEO of NVidia needs to get out his own arse.

Last edited:
Lol, I love the fake post. Nvidia is the leader in rendering and graphic design. ATi is the backup and shadow of Nvidia.

Lol, I love the fake post. Nvidia is the leader in rendering and graphic design. ATi is the backup and shadow of Nvidia.

I wouldn't exactly say that when nVidia is yet to come up with a working Fermi card and present it. ATI has had DX 11 cards out (5870's) since September 23rd (+/-). Don't get me wrong though, nVidia is nowhere near dying, but right now they're not doing so well. I don't think we'll see DX 11 cards from them until Q2 of 2010.

Why should they make DX11 cards? All of Nvidia's cards are optimized to match DX9/10. I see no reason to upgrade to DX11. Vista doesn't even support DX11 fully. I run ultimate and tried DX11 and had some problems. So, I'm sticking with Nvidia, they are smart enough to please most users. Plus, the last 2 ATi cards I've tried, of the 5000 series, one fried, and the other couldn't handle half my games/applications, such as rendering and Crysis (Max Settings).

DX 11 cards are the future. Windows 7, which will be released October 22nd, supports DX 11. If you had problems with DX 11 it was probably the fact your GPU didn't support it. Problems with the 5000 series would most likely be because the drivers aren't yet mature. Although, I see no reason for a 5870 to not be able to max out Crysis when I can with my 4870 and a 5870 competes with a GTX 295 and more.

Yea, like people have an OS that isn't even released yet. And do really expect everyone to upgrade at once? <<play nice>> No one has $300-400-500 to upgrade to another OS.

You'd be surprised how many people already have Windows 7. I'm not sure where you are getting your figures but the average user might spend $100 on a home premium upgrade, not $3-500. I'm not here to argue, so this will be my last post here.

Don't flame over a graphics card. The upgrade to Windows 7 is $150, not the $3-500 you're touting... plus students can get Home Premium for $30 and Pro for probably $50-80. It's around $300 or so to upgrade to Ultimate which not very many people get anyways.

Schmarvin, the thread discussion was fine until you called him an idiot and used a grammatically incorrect word while doing so (which is ironic). So please, don't result to insulting someone just to get your point across.

Back