• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

NWH Networks Hacked

NWH Networks

Okay well this goes to people that were hosted with NWH as well, today we had gotten hacked. Hours later TeppaHosting was hacked and all accounts were removed under it. Luckly NWH made backups yesterday due to server testing. However to see the message of the hackers http://www2.swprozee1.com:8889/nwhnetworks/teppa.jpg

Anyways we plan on getting this started back up and going and I will inform you when NWH: Networks is back up running correctly.

Well, sorry to hear about the hacking, and good luck getting back on your feet. It's good you made a backup.

On a side note, that image won't show because "Hot-linking is not allowed".

You can see the hacker message at www.teppahosting.com. It's sad that people take their anger out on someone who had nothing to do with the reason they're angry

Have you pinpointed what was penetrated? What control panel do you offer? I think we would all like to know what happened and if it could have been avoided. I really hate seeing this, as this is not what any of us want to happen.

We used the latest version of cPanel 11. Some how they got into the main root reinstalled cPanel and changed the password, and of course removed all the accounts under Teppa. It is truly sad to see people waste their time on this, anyways from words the hacker forgot to hide their IP so they are going to trace it.

Way to go...

I hope the server would be back up soon. It's a great host and I have several sites running from my account there.

Vaiant on NWHNetworks

Yeah same here. It should be back soon , just makes me upset that people waste their time hacking stuff.. And what type of name is Hacker 1? Thats the worse Hack Name ever. nubs I swear.

Sorry to see this happening.
It kills me to try to realise the kick these idiots get. Sad. Really sad.

Yeah same here...Whats so cool about it? I mean really all they did was found a error somewhere abused it and go into Root, and messed something up that took people time to get. Lets look netwebhost.org took me time to do (dont worry it redirects to nwhnetworks.com now) and got me a bad rep on here pretty much. So I come out when NWH: Networks v2.0 comes strong and good, once we finally reached near 1,020 post with 70members boom our forums down + site. People dont really care I guess of what we do and how much is cost us to do what we do for people. All I can remember that may had flair this was 2 people from some foreign (its our ad on a differ lang) posted by someone used nulled vBulletin, we closed their accounts and reported to vBulletin, and threaten to take legal actions for breaching the Term Of Service as well of using a illegal software. That may had caused it bout I highly doubt it as one was the age of 13 and the other one I am not 100% sure of. I guess im going to sleep some now to take stress off and go to school. Tomorrow we shall find out what Teppa is going to do.

Last edited:
Update:
Good News: 2hours and NWH: Networks will be back up
Bad News: ALL back-ups were removed off the hidden server. :( Sorry for those who was hosted under NWH: Networks. After we get setup again we will yet again reopen applications and to those who lost alot we will be giving you a 250MB extra on your account.

Update:
Good News: 2hours and NWH: Networks will be back up
Bad News: ALL back-ups were removed off the hidden server. :( Sorry for those who was hosted under NWH: Networks. After we get setup again we will yet again reopen applications and to those who lost alot we will be giving you a 250MB extra on your account.

Glad to hear your having things fixed.

Man, what bad luck to lose everything like that. :cry2:

Yeah, well at least we are getting it fixed up. I may have some backups not sure though. That means our NWH Software and all has to be re done. I may have some backups still on this computer not sure though.

Hi,

I don't understand why the hotlinking message shows as it is a direct link.
Try http://www.swprozee1.com/nwhnetworks/teppa.jpg instead.

Read all your server logs to find out what the last action was etc.etc.
Really, these hackers should be caught, as this could destroy a new hosting instantly. Backups are so important...

At least I am glad to help you out with a temporary account on my free Dutch hosting.
Good luck !

Kind regards,
PaulP.
www.swprozee1.com

Last edited:
Sad to hear that. The only backup I have is of my MT Database which I made after creating the demo account. Hope I still have it. Should be on my flash drive. =S

Too bad I hosted some banners I made on the account. I'd need to redo them. Hope some backups appear.

The servers are back to how they were before, except all sites are gone. (Im taking that guess off of teppahosting) anyways Teppa has regain their hosting back to normal and they now no longer offer free hosting due to the fact the user was using their free host at the time of them being hacked.

To my users: You must understand things like this can happen to anyone. Just a bad timing I guess. For the next couple of months their will be double backups (to m computer, and the hidden server). This way things do not go wrong.

Back