• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Odd request and a few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schmarvin

Cross Industries
NLC
Erm, I'm currently out of spare funds to renew my WHMCS license. Does anyone have one I could borrow for about a week? Or maybe $8 via paypal I can borrow and then pay them back at the end of the month?

Sorry for asking this, just trying to get re-organized. I've got a mess on my desk at the moment from my state tax papers :\ By the way, anyone else have the same problem with state taxes? There are pages on pages of useless questions.

Also, does anyone know how I would start to hire employees? I've recently registered as an LLC in my state, and I've got a few people asking about job positions. I do have openings, but not sure how I'd start out.

Lastly, I'll be needing to upgrade my VPS soon. Would it be better for me to upgrade to a bigger VPS? Or get one of those stable Dual-core atom servers? Current VPS costs at the moment:
~ $20/month for 20GB Disk Space, 200GB Bandwidth, and 384MB RAM.
But, my RAM is starting to run low as I run a lot of scripts. So, was thinking of upgrading to something with at least 1GB of RAM.
The largest VPS I can do is about $35/month for 1GB RAM. The dual-core atom I was looking at had 2GB RAM and was about $49/month.

Please help me out, thanks.

**Mods if this is in the wrong spot, please move it. Thanks.

Regarding the WHMCS license, you could theoretically sign up for one of their 15-day trials. Not sure if it is allowed if you already have a license.

You need to borrow $8 but are looking at how to hire employees? I'd be seriously worried about getting my paycheck based on that.

Get a decent spec'd Xen VM - stay away from burstable VPS's .. Get guaranteed everything including CPU cycles.

Regarding the WHMCS license, you could theoretically sign up for one of their 15-day trials. Not sure if it is allowed if you already have a license.

I had started on one. That's why I chose it.

You need to borrow $8 but are looking at how to hire employees? I'd be seriously worried about getting my paycheck based on that.

Get a decent spec'd Xen VM - stay away from burstable VPS's .. Get guaranteed everything including CPU cycles.

Okay, I have a set budget. It allows for employees. I didn't think about it at first, but realized that I had already deposited the money into the bank account from paypal. So, currently, only a few funds in paypal for my staff.

Also, I'm currently on a Xen VPS, and I like it. So, should I just get another VPS? Or a bigger VPS? :\ The atom server is the same price.

Okay, I have a set budget. It allows for employees. I didn't think about it at first, but realized that I had already deposited the money into the bank account from paypal. So, currently, only a few funds in paypal for my staff.

You should be able to do an instant bank transfer when purchasing something in PayPal.

You should be able to do an instant bank transfer when purchasing something in PayPal.

It'd do an e-check (3-5 days), or I have to add a credit card, which for one, I have a debit card, not a credit card. So meh, besides, I don't trust Paypal with my debit card yet.

Why not trust PayPal with your card info? What are they going to do, start using it? They make be a ---- company but they wouldn't stoop that low.

To be honest, once you reach the transaction limit with PayPal (which is inevitable, as you are paying staff and receiving funds), you will need to confirm your address and add a debit or credit card before you can take or send any new funds.

So you might as well get it over and done with now.

If you make under $100/month, then how would you pay the staff? It'd make more sense just to wait to hire employees.

If you make under 100 per month. Sounds to me like you can pay for WHMCS.

So forget my statment about excel. Go get a license :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back