• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

OMG Microsoft Giving Free software

I know a lot of colleges are members of the MSDNAA which allows students to download many more softwares than the ones you listed above.

Uni students in the UK from MSN certified institutions can have free versions of XP, Vista and Office for use for their coursework and CV only.

I just tried with my girlfriend's college account, and what can I say... Very un-reliable service, extremely buggy software and not worth the waste of time :lol:

Edu establishments get the edu equivalents of Selects, but it is all cruddy except the ones paid for on a student license - so that's not really free!

The MSDNAA that I posted above, back when I was doing my IT degree I had an account and could get Vista, XP, access etc..

Decker's completely right! You have to hand those stuff back, which to be perfectly honest is completely pointless and a dumb idea! They might aswell give you a say 60% off voucher to spend on the software needed only!

how do you hand something you downloaded back in.....

Your agreement says you remove it from any system you use. DUH!

It's actually a better idea to allow usage Adam, how many students in the UK for example can afford (even with discount) to buy what they need for a course?

Been there done that, a long time ago admittedly but it's not changed that much.

I knew about this a while a go. I tried to get my college to sign up for it. I do get some software from Microsoft through the MSDNAA for free already... but that program in the site has a few I wouldn't mind for free ;)

Back