• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

omg what a nerd

Originally posted by Gayowulf
lol. I guess it would be pretty uncool if i had a mullet and wore tight jeans and the same shirt everyday

mullets rule! too bad the style has died out since the eighties. otherwise i'd still have a mullet today..

The idoits: people who pour loads of perfume onto their bodies
The coolies: people who be themselves to the extreme! (That'll be me... *ahem* ;))

at my school we have a laptop course.. its basically calculus without a fatty textbook.. the textbook is an interactive program installed on your laptop..

of course we have the regular calculus also.. this class is sort of a trial kind of thing.. because next year my school is starting to have laptop courses for everything.. supposedly they are going to make it mandatory for the freshman to have laptops..

its sort of an excuse for kids to get their parents to buy them laptops.. according to the calculus students, the textbook calculus class does better on the written tests..

I would hate having to read my text books on a computer. For whatever reason, I just can't concentrate well enough to read stuff when I'm on a computer.

Originally posted by Rodie
I would hate having to read my text books on a computer. For whatever reason, I just can't concentrate well enough to read stuff when I'm on a computer.
Same with me. My teacher has a Science test on his website.

My mark on the website: 60%
My mark in real life: 97%

I see a problem there.

the textbooks on the computer aren't really textbooks though.. they are supposedly like games that make you learn whatever subject its about..

sort of like going out and buying math blaster and if you solve all the problems in a certain amount of time.. the world blows up or something.. :)

i'm not sure really.. i haven't had one of those classes.. but my friend in calculus told me the program is fun and he learns a lot from it..

*lol* That's how they taught us some of the subjects in elementary. There was a "computer" period, and everybody got on these old, clunky IBMs with loud keyboards with software sorta like the one you described above, only you don't get to save the world or destroy it. (Technology back then was real sorry)

There were these stupid typing exercises, math problems and reading comprehension and junk like that, and if you complete it, you can either see a dumb animation or play a boring game.

I remember in Kindergarden we used to have some Old Apple IIe computer that we played this muppet math game on. IT was like my favorite game and I always came in early to school to play it lol

Lol got started early ;) we had the old apple ][s no games on those then the newer ones with odell lake and cross country canada. lol

oo.. i remember cross country usa now. and qwerty and number chompers..

all on apple IIgs..

they need to make those games for windows.. i wouldn't play them.. but i'm sure little kids would..

lol, those guys w/ pants that stop at their thighs ... tight pants ... eeewww and those fat ones that smell like shit

Originally posted by Gayowulf
Must be a newer version?? if not your school has some pretty outdated computers, or old games
Well, it does have colour and okay graphics. But it pretty much sucks as a game. Our computers are only Pentium 1 233MHz. Pretty slow.

I just read this whole thread, and I am wondering if anybody here ever did that thing on the computer (yeah be a little more vaugue?) Well, it was a little triangle on the screen and you typed in commands to make it go in boxes and circles and stuff... Does anybody remember that?

Yeah, and I dug out my 386, from the OLD days. What a trip. Makes you glad that we aren't using win 3.1 anymore. And qbasic? Damn.

Oh that program! I used it on those really old macs in about 4 years ago. You typed in commands that made shapes. The program, if I remember right, is called LOGO. The commands looked like this:

forward 40 right 90 forward 40 right 90 forward 40 right 90 forward 40

That made a square.

Originally posted by bigperm
I just read this whole thread, and I am wondering if anybody here ever did that thing on the computer (yeah be a little more vaugue?) Well, it was a little triangle on the screen and you typed in commands to make it go in boxes and circles and stuff... Does anybody remember that?

The "little triangle" is called the turtle in Logo :)

I remember some people a year older than me doing all these really cool swirly shapes and designs. I wonder if there's a Windows Emulator for Logo. It'd be nice to have.

Yes! LOGO, that was it. You had to boot up with those 5 1/2" discs. It was called a tutle too... It would be nice to see that again.

Back