• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ONE.COM Cancellations WARNING

austkp

One.com advertises a lot offering a year's hosting etc for free and that is a good deal but watchout for clause 1.6 in the contract.

That's a clause that tells you if you do not cancel it 35 days before renewal then you are liable to pay the full subscription for a year (£22 or so) even if you no longer need it. It also seems to suggest that you might have to leave them 8 days to process the cancellation so it might be wise to cancel at least 45 days before the end date as £22 is far too much for the very restricted service they provide at the basic level -Their ftp is appallingly slow.

Of course they dont send out reminders until after that point so you need to keep organised.

Please let everyone be aware of this. I got caught so I have a duty to let others know about it.

Please carry it to other free hosting forums.

Thanks

That's why it's always a good idea to READ the TOS, AUP, RUP etc when you sign up for a host. We don't write them for our own amusement :)

i like how the OP hasn't replied to any questions, makes me wonder if it's genuine. I think One.com is an alright service, but I'll wait for the OP to reply before I make a judgement.

A few years ago when I tried to cancel they said they only accept cancellations if I send a snail mail to Denmark where they are located. I did and my account was cancelled.

A few years ago when I tried to cancel they said they only accept cancellations if I send a snail mail to Denmark where they are located. I did and my account was cancelled.
Never heard of them but sounds a lot like America Online ...

A few years ago, I had an America Online account and used the online cancellation form and a few days later got a letter in the mail saying they couldn't cancel using their online form because they couldn't verify it was me. I sent them a letter back again requesting to cancel but this time via postal mail and got another form letter saying they were lacking information that incidentally was printed right at the top of the letter. Long story short, they played a bunch of stalling games and charged my card an additional two months during the time I tried to cancel.

I think some of these companies try to squeeze extra money by making their cancellation processes unusually or exceedingly difficult so definitely need to keep a watchful eye for that.

(Depending on where they are located, some places have gotten wise to those tactics and made laws prohibiting that kind of activity from businesses)

How do you actually sign-up for the free service? I cannot seem to find any information about it on one.com

Back