• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Opera 9.50b2

themoose

Sup, Recoil here.
NLC
http://snapshot.opera.com/windows/

It's just that little bit better ;) Seems faster, and a couple of pages load better than b1.

If you're still on Opera 9.27, get 9.50b2 (although I'd suggest installing it as a seperate installation). It's a whole different league.

And if you're still behind with that "FIREFOX IS THE BEST FIREFOX FIREFOX W00T !!!1111!!!#~~!ONEOEN!", get Opera - you won't regret it.

And if you're still behind with that "FIREFOX IS THE BEST FIREFOX FIREFOX W00T !!!1111!!!#~~!ONEOEN!", get Opera - you won't regret it.

Amen. I've never liked FF from the start.
I'm still using 9.27, some reason though, my Opera runs from 285k+ usage from the very start loading, no idea why. It happens only with me when i use the PC..

Upgrade, you can very easily make it a seperate installation so your old installation will always be there, never changed.

Do you mean 285k or 285mb? 'cause 285k is very low :p

That's odd.

I have 8 tabs open.. including a couple of digg, and gmail and it's only 100mb.

BTW, if you minimise it while you're doing other stuff it uses a whole lot less RAM.

The "normal" usage is about 200mb, it goes down to 180mb if i leave it for like 5 mins to settle, the second i open one tab, it shoots up to 240mb, then keeps rising the more i use it. the max it's gone is about 310mb. It's a pain. FF is doing it too, it's done it on 3 of my PCs. I ask the support, they have no idea.

Oh well, regardless of that problem, i still prefer it.

I recommend installing the new beta version, I've been running it for a few hours now and it runs 10 times faster than 9.27 and uses half the amount of ram.

Ran into 1 problem so far, it seems to have a problem with importing mail accounts.

Last edited:
Same link - it was downloading 9.27 this morning :eek3:

Seems to be working now though!

I have to admit when I tried out opera a couple of weeks ago I didn't like it at all so I have go to say:

"FIREFOX IS THE BEST FIREFOX FIREFOX W00T !!!1111!!!#~~!ONEOEN!"

Whenever on a windows PC I use opera. I use firefox when I need liveHTTP headers, the developer toolbar and firebug, really I can't live without them.

I am starting to like Opera -- even though I've been a diehard FF fan. Though this seems to be loading pages faster and using less RAM.

Thanks for the post. :)

When opera can start blocking ads along with 100 other add ones that actually do something, i'll switch. Other wise i'll be in that firefox crowd. :D

Does the beta crash a lot :D hehe

Tried the beta and it seems stable enough, and faster than the previous version, apart from that the features I use don't seem any different.

Still like it though :)

I'm an Opera fanatic, but I myself do not like 9.5b2, earlier previews were more stable, anyway Firefox Beta is much more unstable.

[CH]Dan;986773 said:
When opera can start blocking ads along with 100 other add ones that actually do something, i'll switch. Other wise i'll be in that firefox crowd. :D

Does the beta crash a lot :D hehe

It's always been able to block ads, built in. Just right click > Block Content.

What do you mean "100 other odd ones"?

And yeah it never crashes... not for me at least.

Back