• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Passing Browser Inspection -- Please Help

rhianna

Many of my webpages still have that "1998 Look" :biggrin2: so I've been converting old pages while developing new pages/sites by using CSS.

Due to spyware/malware problems, I deleted Microsoft Internet Explorer and I also deleted Microsoft Outlook Express. I blame both of those programs for the horrible spyware backdoor entry. I am always thrilled to see an article or post saying "Firefox is better that Microsoft IE."

Anyway, I thought CSS would solve my layout problems.
As I work on web pages/sites I check the layout presentations in Firefox 1.0.6 and Opera 8.5... and the pages look lovely in those browsers.
Tonight I looked at one of my pages in Microsoft Internet Explorer MSIE 6 and thought "ewww, how did that happen?" :eek2:

I am concerned about viewers who still use MSIE 6 and MSIE Core.

What should I do so that my sites consistently look good across all
browsers?

Be careful of spaces in your coding. They could be displayed as spaces.
Don't miss any quotes or closing tags.
Be as neat as you can.

Has a CSS layout that you [i.e. anyone reading this post] were either creating from scratch or modifying from some other CSS template been thrown out of proportion by a picture/image? :cat:

What's the best way to show off an image and yet keep the nice CSS scheme?

Back