• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Payment Types

Witch is the best?

• Total voters
Credit card using a proper merchant account.
We accept paypal, but it accounts for only about 16 to 17% of our payment volume..

PayPal doesn't accept transactions from a number of countries, and PayPal doesn't offer the same protections and services a bank does... With a merchant account, your funds go directly to your bank account, and you can store credit card numbers on your system. storing credit card numbers, and controlling when and how you charge your customers adds flexibility. Also.. storing credit card #s means that if you ever have a problem with your payment processor, you can change easily without losing billing information.

PayPal doesn't accept transactions from a number of countries, and PayPal doesn't offer the same protections and services a bank does... With a merchant account, your funds go directly to your bank account, and you can store credit card numbers on your system. storing credit card numbers, and controlling when and how you charge your customers adds flexibility. Also.. storing credit card #s means that if you ever have a problem with your payment processor, you can change easily without losing billing information.

Not quite true with the PP merchant account, it is a full blown merchant, and the manager.control panel allows full management including a virtual terminal to take manual CC payments, all the features of say WorldPay without some of the hassles and the high costs.

It's not an automatic feature it's an add-on for recurring payments to the merchant, it's done in a modular fashion so you just pay for the bits you need from the service :)

I like paypal for international, however in Australia I perfer bank transfer (dont know if there is a real name for it) It's cheap sometimes free and goes right into your bank account the next day, no 3rd party website.

even though i voted for credit card by mistake.... paypal is the best way.. its fast and secure....

Credit cards are the way to do it. Easy to manage via billing system, no hoops to jump through, easier fraud verification, less expensive.

paypal is fine but it always seems to take more time spent per transaction vs a cc transaction. CC is just smooth sailing

Credit cards are the way to do it. Easy to manage via billing system, no hoops to jump through, easier fraud verification, less expensive.

paypal is fine but it always seems to take more time spent per transaction vs a cc transaction. CC is just smooth sailing

They are the best option from the clients point of view but the rest you say is a bit out there as it's still down to the processor & not less expensive, run a merchant account and a processor plus a secured payment gateway..... If you get one that does all then you'll still pay about the same rate.

Not pushing PP as it's no gain to me but they have extended the 'free' period for the pro merchant till 1st April, and I've no complaints so far.

I think i prefer paypal because of the ease of use and popularity and like Decker said its about the same cost as having a traditional merchant account with less the headace so thats why we choose it.

I like moneybookers,paypal is stupid,i just used for buying something online,they email me said what stupid security measure and limit my access,so i cannot send out the money...........
Foolish!!!!!!!!!
MoneyBookers is seen more nice to me. :)

You must have been doing something wrong then - and security measures are rarely stupid, maybe you'd like to say what they said as your wording is quite vague.

Back