• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

PC Not Recognizing Damaged Hard Drive

GeorgeB

Chairman/CEO TMCG
NLC
I need a little help, hopefully.

I have a 2tb damaged hard drive that is my secondary HDD inside my desktop. I just upgraded my primary HDD to 2tb, and am wanting to trade out the damaged one as well.

Before I switched the primary, I could access the files and folders of the damaged one on the old primary HDD.

Now that I switched it over, my desktop is still recognizing the damaged HDD, but it wont show up in when you click on start and computer.

Does anyone know how I can get it to pull up, so that I can put the files on the primary, so I can switch the bad one out?

You can try running a Linux livecd and checking to see if it mounts on there.

My advice? Send it to a data recovery professional. It will cost you some money, but the files should be recoverable.

Make your computer by decentralization should not launch when clicked it inactive.
You try to download software virtual servers to run on it and then see how. Good luck

Back