• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

PLEASE help me choose a pet fish.

mshiva

I am very fond of pet fishes. I love to grow a fish in a bowl at my table, they make me cheerful when I am at serious study.

Actually, we have had many, really many, goldfishes and other tiny fishes, in a tank and most of them died, though some could live for a little more than a year. :cry2:
Also, I tried growing two love birds, but they flew away.:tired2:

Could somebody tell me what kind of fishes can be grown in a bowl(medium-sized)?

I (more particularlly my mother) hate fighters.:confused5
So, please suggest me some good cute hardy fish.

Some friends suggest koi and shubunkin.?

And I may sound selfish to grow a fish in a bowl just to cheer me.
But, I am not, that's why I am asking people here.

I kept fish for years when i was a kid.
IMO you cant go past the good old Goldfish for durability.
They were probly the first domesticated fish, so they are quiet hardy compared to some of the other fish you can get.

Theres a whole lot of different breeds, but shubunkin and black moore are my favorites.
Other than that, i always liked the tetras and torpedo barbs.

Dont know how much choice you have in India for varieties tho.

If the tank youve got has been used before, make sure you give it a dam good clean before puting in new fish. You never know what nastys have stuck around.

You need some things, tank rocks etc
& depending on the fish airpump,
I would also suggest getting a allright size square tank
Not big, but I had goldfish in them with rocks(Tank rocks) a few toys & airpump
Feed it and it lasted for 2-3 years or something...
They live for ages if you have the right setting for them...
Make sure its not in sun 24/7 either. Although the airpump will help keep it slightly cooler, It will give the fish much needed air in the water

I love goldfishes, but they dont survive for long under my handling!

And, snakes?! No chance, my mom would kick me outa home.

Cats, I will try. But they are more troublesome than fishes, aren't they?

you should get a Chipmunk. i had one like last year or something, those things are amazing. if you want a fun pet, get one of those. i got mine for £50. i went back the week after to buy it's companion that was in the cage with him, but it was gone :cry2:

His name was Squirrel :classic2:

you should get a Chipmunk. i had one like last year or something, those things are amazing. if you want a fun pet, get one of those. i got mine for £50. i went back the week after to buy it's companion that was in the cage with him, but it was gone :cry2:

His name was Squirrel :classic2:

Thats really funny

Dynash, why the hell would you name a Chipmunk "Squirrel" u nut :lol:

If your up to maintaining a tropical tank, Clown Loaches (get a pair not just one).

You'd need a tank, heater (needs 25-27 centigrade controlled), thermomitor, filter/aeriator, gravel, a place to hide (little castle type underwater toy), and not much else :)

I've got 2 in our tank and they are funny (as the name suggests), only fish I've ever seen that have a lie down and go to sleep (scary at first as they look dead), fun and friendly with other fish too.

Would probably cost you around $150 for the lot on a small scale.

Fish are boring pets, all they do is swim around. Get a nice little kitten there more fun, then buy a bird table and put food on that..... Birds will come and your cats will stare at them, though cats you need to do more work to keep them alive and happy. Just like my 2 little kittys, so cute and EVIL.

A picture of one of mine has been my avatar for a while.

Back