• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Police arrest 425 in raid at Kmart

Sounds like a case of power tripping police officers. Why in the hell would they arrest people in a situation like this? Sure, it's trespassing, but most cops would just break up the party. I'm not a lawyer, but I'm sure they have a potential lawsuit on their hands.

I can't believe they would acutally have a raid for something like this. There are much more important things to worry about. Save the raids for crackhouses.

how is that trespassing? if the stores were open, then the people would have the right to be there, if i were one of those people i would be sueing.

Originally posted by Who?
how is that trespassing? if the stores were open, then the people would have the right to be there, if i were one of those people i would be sueing.
You still aren't allowed to loiter like that. The parking lot is still technically private property.

The cops here in Houston have always been power hungry and egotistical. They even arrested customers of Sonic, a drive in burger place next to the Kmart. Of course, I think you are missing the main party responsible...Kmart. They are the ones who complained....and the cops wouldnt have arrested unless asked to do so by Kmart because who is the only party that can press charges? Kmart. You have to know the laws here in Texas. A person cant be arrested for being on another's property, unless that "other" tells the cops they are pressing charges. Otherwise, all the cops can do is run the people off.

So the cops were probably just doing what they were required to do by law....arrest the people when Kmart filed the charges. Somehow, that fact has escaped this whole news story :confused:

....and Kmart wonders why Walmart and Target are kicking the crap out of them in sales....:angry2:

Last edited:
It serves them all right. :cool:

You spend your free time hanging around Kmart at that time of night, you deserve to be locked up. :D

Originally posted by Rodie

What are you asking?

I'm not asking anything. I'm saying, "Why sue the police, when their money comes from tax dollars. If you take away all their tax dollars, you just have to pay more taxes into it anyways".

Greed, if they can get more money from other tax payers they would probably take it.

It sounds like some were breaking the law and the police should have told them to move on but arresting everyone? Guess they were having a slow day.

This was in the article: "Scott said she didn't have the money to pay bail and so she pleaded guilty to avoid spending another night in jail."

Does anyone know what bail was set at? Maybe I just overlooked it, but I can't imagine it's that high for a trespassing case like this.

a few was wrongly arrested like the 10 year old girl, who got sperated from his dad. but the rest, I believe they deserve it! they are terrorist!, a bunch of people in the parking lot doing what? disturbing the peace!

Last edited:
Originally posted by Johnny
a few was wrongly arrested like the 10 year old girl, who got sperated from his dad. but the rest, I believe they deserve it! they are terrorist!, a bunch of people in the parking lot doing what? disturbing the peace!

They were't in the parking lot, they were inside the store.

and why would that many kids be in the store? if you work in a store, that you own or friend with someone that owns it, you will be very worry. and I just realized that the time was 12:30am, I don't know if its federal law or my state law that by 12am, if you under 18 you must be accompany by an adult. so the cops did there job correctly when they arressed that 10 year old girl.

Originally posted by Johnny
so the cops did there job correctly when they arressed that 10 year old girl.

No....the 10 year old girl was eating supper with her father. Read the article.

Back