• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Poll Time -Xbox 360 or PS3

Which should I buy [read thread first]

• Xbox 360

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Playstation 3

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters

Matt8

All? No, ALL!
NLC
Yes, I know this has been done before, but with recent price drops and the destruction of HD-DVD, it has become a relevant debate.

I have to get a next-gen console as I NEED, yes NEED to play Grand Theft Auto 4. I had my heart set on an XBOX 360, but with the price difference of $50 bucks, I can get a Playstation 3 that plays bluray. Bluray players aren't worth the investment, but $50 difference would be.

The only "XBOX Exclusive" game I care about are the Dead Rising series, but I could live without that.

So what do you think? I read that Microsoft will likely not release a Bluray drive, and even if they did, it would be at least $200 I would guess.

For the money, seems like PS3 is more worth it. Opinions?

[Disclaimer: Before you tell me Wii; I already have one and enjoy it quite much. But Wii's are not equipped with the proper power to kill hookers in the glorious amount I plan to, hence why I need a PS3/360.]

Shouldn't you have made this a poll?

For the record, I have a 360, but I don't play brand loyalty. I just play games.

PS3 because it's more future-proof than the Xbox360. Especially with BR.

Although no games at the moment have much of a graphics difference (because they're kind of ports I guess), in the future the games you'll see for the PS3 will have much better graphics simply because it has more graphics power.

Plus, internet gaming is free on it so that's a plus.

PS3 for 1 reson only. RELIABILITY.

Do some googling and you wil find report after report of the 360 breaking down within a month of purchase.

i DON'T own both machines but i would go With XBOX.. just played on them alot with mates and XBOX Live is pretty cool! wouldn't know for PS3 though

Xbox:
Games
Live

PS:
Cheap Bluray

End of. The 360 reliability problems we're ironed out. If you get a new model it'll be very unlikely to break. The new 65mm, BenQ Drive, HDMI Socket.

xBox 360!

I'm getting my new xBox 360 Elite edition (the black one) with CoD4 tomorrow (see here) + an xBox Live subscription :D

Xbox:
Games
Live

PS:
Cheap Bluray

End of. The 360 reliability problems we're ironed out. If you get a new model it'll be very unlikely to break. The new 65mm, BenQ Drive, HDMI Socket.

You're right, PS3s don't have games or online play.

Sony has the Play Station Network for online play, pretty sure its free too.

Theres 332 PS3 games Vs 453 XBOX360 games atm.

Xbox:
Games
Live

PS:
Cheap Bluray

YAY you used 2 words that i use all the time "end of"

brilliant!

You're right, PS3s don't have games or online play.
You know what I mean.
There's one saying which comes to mind, "You get what you pay for". Ask anybody who isn't a OTT fanboy and they'll easily tell you Live is the better service. If you say £40 a year is expensive, your cheap.

How is better? What can you do on Live that you can't do on PSNetwork?

Other than MSN, that is. Who the ---- wants MSN while they're playing a game?

How is better? What can you do on Live that you can't do on PSNetwork?

Other than MSN, that is. Who the ---- wants MSN while they're playing a game?
Achievements, Messages, Private Chat, Feedback, File Complaints, Mute, HD Movie Downloads, Extensive Live Arcade, Upcoming XNA Community Downloads.

Achievements, Messages, Private Chat, Feedback, File Complaints, Mute, HD Movie Downloads, Extensive Live Arcade, Upcoming XNA Community Downloads.

PS3 has messages, private chat, HD content free downloads, and I'm not sure what the rest are. It has free playable demos of upcoming & released games; I'm not sure if that's the same as Upcoming XNA community downloads.

I own all three systems and if I had to pick I'd probably go with one I'd go for the PlayStation3. At first the stream of games was pretty slow but now it's looking a lot better. You get the BluRay functionality which is great if you have a nice TV and the PS3 is pretty reliable.

Back