• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Rackshack.net, are there for real? 400 gigs bandwidth/month

Well, Burst have been around for quite a while, and there seem to be lots of good things said about them, all around the 'net...

But managed servers for $99... that's a different matter... even the more expensive burst.net servers aren't managed...

I'd say they're trustworthy... but other than that I can't say... I just don't see how this can be possible... :confused:

Please note that the NOCSTER service plans only utilize the Qwest™ & Cogent™ backbones on BurstNET's™ current network.
Well I guess that bit will be a factor towards it!... but it does look like a great offer!

Hm... I didn't see that.

I know that Cogent is cheapo crappy stuff that nobody likes... but what is Qwest bandwidth like?

Originally posted by vin16
Thanks Chicken(Moderator) for the info.

Why is cobalt raq cheaper than linux?

Can you recommend anyone who offers cobalt raq(managed) for under $100/month.

I need more than 80 gigs Bandwidht a month.

Coming to security on a Dedicated Server, if I get a managed server would security come with it or would it cost extra.

To be honest security concerns are the only thing stopping me
from buying a un-managed dedicated server. Eventhou
I don't know how to manage a dedicated server, it can be
learnt through manuals and with trials on test boxes as mentioned by HAZE.

Thanks.......
First, just so you know, Cobalt OS is a modified RedHat Linux, so most of the commands for linux work, things just aren't where they'd usually be (in standard RedHat installs).

http://www.4webspace.com/

That's probably about as close as you'll get to what you're looking for. While I wouldn't call it managed, I've used them before and if you have a question, they're usually helpful and will offer advice.

Security is your responsibility, as is management. RaQs are fairly easy to maintain and there are planty of sites and groups that can help you out to prevent disaster and to help you if there's a problem.

Back