• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recommend script/software for this type of site

Sain Cai

Beautiful Daddy
NLC
I post here since its probably included in the Fantastico/Softaculous option in free hosting.

I have a football fan site that I am recreating. What I need for a script is something you would see on most sports websites where columnists can write their own articles, and people can comment on articles. Here is one example: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...o-regain-Beast-Mode-in-Seattle?urn=nfl-275156. Another example would be like an online newspaper (which would probably be better)

I was thinking of something like wordpress or php nuke, but I would only want the regular members to be able to only goto the forum (if it is integrated) and reply to the columnists blog/articles and not create blogs of their own.

Could someone suggest a free script like this?

Install WordBB plugin along with WordPress and MyBB. And configure it to use the forum as the comment system.

I think that's what you are looking for.

thanks for the tip, I was not familiar with that plugin till you mentioned it

I found it recently searching on the web and I'm happy I could help you. :)

And I have something to complain about this plugin. It does not convert colors and other stuff in the blog post to the forum. So it can only be used for plain blog posts.

Back