• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

reliable host

ian

I like featureprice.com, I pay 16.95 a month for 20 gb transfer and I can put four domains on this account. But today they are down.

Please reccomend a good web space provider with a good transfer limit and good features and a good price.

Thank you

ok, they both look really good. I really like the way hostrockets control panel looks, but the thing is I'm not sure how many gb a month I'd use. I don't think I'd use a lot but I want to be sure, and terabyte offers more gb per month. What's their control panel like, can I have more than one domain on an account?

Thank you

hi

at hostrocket you can only have one domain per acount...
how ever i dont think you are likely to use more than 10GB a month that easy..

if you only store .zip .exe files then it might. but i usually store my .zip etc files on other free hosts so i dont use up bandwidth.

tera i dont know about as i havent used them.

That host that was deleted looked like it was worth looking at. But the url was deleted it looks like. Maybe it was spam. Can someone please reccomend some other hosts? Any that host multiple domains too please.

Thank you,
Ian

Not many that host multiple domains because the numbers dont work out.
Why let people have two domains on the one plan when you can sell them another one!

Actually, I looked into offering it, but it really was going to be a muddle. I ran a test site and I was not convinced by the reliability of the three methods I tried.

I know that web redirection is not ideal, but it is probably the easiest way to get the same effect without costing you a fortune.

Gordon

Better Host...

Technics, you seem to like http://www.hostrocket.com/ for their service. I am looking in to transferring my domain to Hostrocket. I am not sure how they go about transferring domains, was wondering if you or anyone here knows if they do and how long does it take?

Note: My main reason for considering moving my domain from http://www.websitesource.com/is a bandwidth problem.. I am at or near 4Gig transfer per month now.. Need more for around the same money.. I pay $19.95 per month, if I prepay for one year it is $15.96 per month. Any suggestions would be appreciated...
Thanks everyone..

Re: Better Host...

Originally posted by ProTrac
I am not sure how they go about transferring domains, was wondering if you or anyone here knows if they do and how long does it take?

1) Sign up for new account at hostrocket (include domain)
2) Upload all files via FTP using the IP address.
3) Make sure everything is in order for new account.
4) Notify old host that you are moving.
5) Change nameserver info at registrar.

Step 5 will take a couple days for propagation of the domain (may take a bit longer for worldwide). I always change one small thing on the 'new' site, so I can tell once it has gone through.

Ummm.... i'm wondering why does it take 24-48 hours for .coms to propergate and only 12 hours max for a uk domain worldwide?.

I'm not sure if this is true but I would guess becuase there are alot more domains in the .com to be updated it takes longer for the varoius databases around the world to recieve the info.

I'm not all that familiar with the uk sytem, but I'd imagine that it takes the same time with both. This has more to do with the various ISPs and the times at which they update their errrr... tables would it be called? Anyway, I don't think it has much to do with the number of domains, more about *when* each ISP updates (I believe generally every 12 hours, just not all at the same 12 hours, so if you miss the updates by a minute, it could add at least 12 hours right there).

Feel free to correct any of this for those who know more about it.

Back