• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if that is all you and some other members can do then they have a sad and boring life to just do that all the time.

That's it!

FWS is a community and just like any real life community, you will get all types of people from all walks of life (including trouble makers and good guys).

yah i agree with jan.
and this is the we learn by interacting with the people having different mind set :)

Is there a way that I can turn off reputation for my account. It seems nothing much changes here. For example:

Negative Reputation Left:-

Thread: Facebook
Date & Time: July 5th, 2010 17:27
Comment: Your not getting a facebook one, and don't argue with Jan.

How very sad.

1. I was not arguing with Jan and I am sure she would agree with me. I just said I did not understand the question when it conflicted with what is already a feature on the forums, for a different service I was asking for to be added.

2. If negative rep like that is left on peoples profile then I would not go by rep when it comes to evaluating members on here, as that one was pointless and stupid.

3. I think reps are also used to show how much power they have on here and so that people can suck up to the most reps members and to belittle the ones who just started or if a member just takes a disliking to some one.

Also it shows that it was a sad person considering they could not put there name in the comment.

Haha, people always will care about reps on forums! Yea sure some people will leave you negatives just because they find you annoying for whatever reason. If it goes red, just leave it - it will come back to green once people keep noticing you are a decent guy. Leaving it disabled looks like you have a negative rep somehow! Somebody might give me a negative rep for this post because it annoys them somehow! It's just how it goes.

We can't or shouldn't ban someone just because they're being immature. If that is the way they want to represent themselves to other people, then let them damage themselves. This is why you have something called the report button, because most of us don't scan through every single thread to watch out for these people.

If you feel someone is breaking a rule, then you report it and it'll be taken care of! :)

Haha, people always will care about reps on forums! Yea sure some people will leave you negatives just because they find you annoying for whatever reason. If it goes red, just leave it - it will come back to green once people keep noticing you are a decent guy. Leaving it disabled looks like you have a negative rep somehow! Somebody might give me a negative rep for this post because it annoys them somehow! It's just how it goes.

Where have you been hiding :ninja:

See i didn't give you -rep ;)
b/w, were you taunting somebody? :D :p
I would have to create multiple accounts and have conversations with my self!
Don't worry i ll be there to reply to your posts ;)

really i guess there is just one person who has been giving a lot of negative rep. And he really irritates people with it. We all know who I am talking about. I will probably get negative rep for just saying this. Oh well. But you have already said something in a thread jan

A heck of a lot more bad than good I see. You are bordering on reputation abuse.

Why turn yours off? So you don't receive it back? I think you might find when you turn it back on, any rep given to you will show again

But again there is nothing being done, what is bordering on reputation abuse? In my opinion it is rep abuse.

Not saying that your wrong. You are in charge. Lol so i guess you can't be to wrong. right?

Forums www wide will be nearly empty if that was to happen :eek3: :evilb:

Not really, there are approx 6.8 billion people in the world. I am sure a few people being banned every once in a while would not cause forums/sites or even hosts to be nearly empty, and there new members every day.

We can't or shouldn't ban someone just because they're being immature. If that is the way they want to represent themselves to other people, then let them damage themselves. This is why you have something called the report button, because most of us don't scan through every single thread to watch out for these people.

If you feel someone is breaking a rule, then you report it and it'll be taken care of! :)

I completely agree not to ban for some one being immature and some times the immature ones can be really nice at times, but people abusing the forums and members should and can be, as it is them who make people leave the site. How many people have come on here to get abuse after the first few post then to not be seen on the site again? And yet again the abuse come from the same old members. Now banning the abusive ones and keeping the ones that join would be more statically better for the site.

The thing is most people suck up to staff so they don't have to deal with abuse direct to them that much. You get your odd one or two every once in a while but not as much as members do. And what would be more suitable, members leaving cause of abuse from a member/s or banning the one who is abusing the site and members? The calculation says to ban the member who is abusive or abusing the site would in fact increase members cause a member would feel safe and secure.

Also another thought. Would the abusive ones actions be tolerated off the internet? I know the internet and the "real world" are two completely different reality's but as time has shown over and over again and proven time and time again that the internet effects so many lives in so many ways.

People who are abusive do get banned if a first warning doesn't help them correct their ways.

Here though (in this thread), we are talking about reputation. + or -rep is only between two people. As already mentioned in this thread, if a member is only (or mostly only) giving -rep, he/she will lose the abilty to -rep for months.

People who are abusive do get banned if a first warning doesn't help them correct their ways.

Here though (in this thread), we are talking about reputation. + or -rep is only between two people. As already mentioned in this thread, if a member is only (or mostly only) giving -rep, he/she will lose the abilty to -rep for months.

Agreed that we are talking about the reputation system. But what I said it completely connected to that and I was also only replying in connection to what you was saying about if you banned people for being immature.

Reputation system is being abused that that is what I was also trying to say in my last reply.

And yes it is between two people but this is because one person, I.E me has taken the time to bring it up in the forums and in some ways it is not between two people when the person dose the same to more then one person. Just cause one person complains about it don't mean it is between two people. Have you ever thought that some people will not bother to bring it up in the forums because it falls on death ears and they feel like it is dismissed like it has done before (http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2213430) when people have posted this same kind of post?

Also people say that reputation don't mean any thing but from some posts like some in this thread http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2230592&highlight=Reputation shows that some are worried about reps then they let on.

Then you have posts like this that state that a person would not buy from a host that has -rep http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1103838&postcount=34

One that states its nice to have good rep if host http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1103992&postcount=50

I could go on with plenty more posts and threads from here where people complain about it, joke about it and abuse it. But as you are a staff member you should know.

Also Jan its funny how when I reply with how it would be impossible for forums all over the net to be empty due to banning people, that it gets dismissed. I am sure it would not hurt to say your right there by banning one person there are billions more to take his/hers place. LOL

And it is good that if they do abuse the reputation system then there rights are removed but in some cases, they should not be given the rights back as they just continue to abuse it again. Also when they give -rep they tend to do an abusive comment to go along with it. Would this not be classed and being abusive to another member.

Also another question if the reputation system is so pointless and don't matter it begs the question why even have it turned on? Why not turn it off completely to stop arguments, abuse and the pointlessness of it being on the site?

Last edited:
Also another question if the reputation system is so pointless and don't matter it begs the question why even have it turned on? Why not turn it off completely to stop arguments, abuse and the pointlessness of it being on the site?

I think it was off for a while, but then users wanted it back.

TLCHosting said:
The thing is most people suck up to staff so they don't have to deal with abuse direct to them that much. You get your odd one or two every once in a while but not as much as members do.

I wish people sucked up to me. I just get nasty PMs, bad reps, and generally trash-talked...

Must have been before my time, it's never been disabled in the last five years.

Anyways...

TLCHosting said:
The thing is most people suck up to staff so they don't have to deal with abuse direct to them that much.
Not to my knowledge. If they are, they're doing a lousy job at it. I have to remain impartial with anything I do relating to mod powers. You never see me close a thread because it might disrespect Christianity, or you don't see me ban someone because they -rep me or anything like that. If someone breaks the rule, I remain the same to them whether they are new or old.

I have never known it to be off while I have been on here. But once I did stop using FWS for reasons.

I wish people sucked up to me. I just get nasty PMs, bad reps, and generally trash-talked...

I can believe that you get nasty pms ect, but I am surprised you don't get the odd few sucking up.

I wonder why....

I don't see why, I personally never had issues with Matt8.

Must have been before my time, it's never been disabled in the last five years.

Anyways...

Not to my knowledge. If they are, they're doing a lousy job at it. I have to remain impartial with anything I do relating to mod powers. You never see me close a thread because it might disrespect Christianity, or you don't see me ban someone because they -rep me or anything like that. If someone breaks the rule, I remain the same to them whether they are new or old.

Like I said to Matt8, It is hard to believe. As a community site, forum site and a host owner. I get people sucking up all the time. I normally say don't bother cause no matter how much a person sucks up to me I will always make my judgements by personality, experience, politeness and so on.

You watch yourself coffeemonster, I've been waiting for a reason to infract you :p!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back