• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlchosting

Is there a way that I can turn off reputation for my account. It seems nothing much changes here. For example:

Negative Reputation Left:-

Thread: Facebook
Date & Time: July 5th, 2010 17:27
Comment: Your not getting a facebook one, and don't argue with Jan.

How very sad.

1. I was not arguing with Jan and I am sure she would agree with me. I just said I did not understand the question when it conflicted with what is already a feature on the forums, for a different service I was asking for to be added.

2. If negative rep like that is left on peoples profile then I would not go by rep when it comes to evaluating members on here, as that one was pointless and stupid.

3. I think reps are also used to show how much power they have on here and so that people can suck up to the most reps members and to belittle the ones who just started or if a member just takes a disliking to some one.

Also it shows that it was a sad person considering they could not put there name in the comment.

I gave you +rep just then.
It honestly means nothing. dont get upset..
In fact the only reason so many of us have so much +rep is because we was being n00bs with it and ++++++ each other randomly with stupid msgs.

I gave you +rep just then.
It honestly means nothing. dont get upset..
In fact the only reason so many of us have so much +rep is because we was being n00bs with it and ++++++ each other randomly with stupid msgs.

Well I did not think some had high reps cause of there personality. :lol:

You still will get reputation however. it just won't show. (You can still view it as well.)

Last edited:
I brought this thread up along time ago. And people who have rep turned off can still give you bad rep. So I agree with you.

If you had a choice between someone who has alot of positive rep or someone with a negative rep who would you buy from?

for me: neither because I tend to end up buying from people not even on these forums

Last edited:
If you had a choice between someone who has alot of positive rep or someone with a negative rep who would you buy from?

Depends, can I contact the people who gave the reputation?

Oh wait, I can't, because negative rep. people never put their names.

If I can't contact the reppers, then no deal, no matter if they have positive rep or not.

So? Why does it matter? if a host is good, then it's good. Don't let "reputation bars" get in the way.

But the problem is people do take reputation in to account. For me knowing what this site is like when it comes to members giving reputation. I would not use a host from here on the basis of reputation, but new people here looking for hosts and if they know what a reputation system is meant to be used for will go with some one with high reputation.

If I was new here and wanted hosting, I would pick some one with high rep.

Depends, can I contact the people who gave the reputation?

Oh wait, I can't, because negative rep. people never put their names.

If I can't contact the reppers, then no deal, no matter if they have positive rep or not.

I always put down my name if I rep some one. Even if its - or +. The problem with putting names down if your giving a - rep that that people take offence to it and start making digs into you and giving you - rep to "get there own back" And they now that.

I don't mind some one giving me a - rep as long as it is a sensible one, and it has some think to do with the attitude, hosting or even knowledge.

Not to be a kid like the last - rep I got. It sounded like a child done it.

But the problem is people do take reputation in to account. For me knowing what this site is like when it comes to members giving reputation. I would not use a host from here on the basis of reputation, but new people here looking for hosts and if they know what a reputation system is meant to be used for will go with some one with high reputation.

If I was new here and wanted hosting, I would pick some one with high rep.

I always put down my name if I rep some one. Even if its - or +. The problem with putting names down if your giving a - rep that that people take offence to it and start making digs into you and giving you - rep to "get there own back" And they now that.

I don't mind some one giving me a - rep as long as it is a sensible one, and it has some think to do with the attitude, hosting or even knowledge.

Not to be a kid like the last - rep I got. It sounded like a child done it.
I agree about the - rep thing and giving your name. They might -rep you back once to get back at you... but they also can't abuse the system otherwise you can just report it and their rep will be disabled.

I agree about the - rep thing and giving your name. They might -rep you back once to get back at you... but they also can't abuse the system otherwise you can just report it and their rep will be disabled.

The other problem is what is classed as abuse on here.

Are there any rules or is it up to the a staff to decide if it is an abused rep or not?

I can not see on the rules that it is an rule. Maybe it should be implemented as a rule to stop abuse.

I would not think it is fair that a staff member is to decide if a rep that has been done is an abused one as some staff would have different views on what ones might be an abuse and what ones are. Where as if there was a rule stating that the reputation system can be used for related situations like rudeness, abusive, spamming, bad offers posts as - rep and then things like politeness, good offers, informative hosting news or announcements ect as a + rep.

Then there are no excuses when they do abuse and stop most of the childishness that goes on with the rep system. Also having a rule like this would also stop any members complaining that a staff member has favourite members.

The other problem is what is classed as abuse on here.

Are there any rules or is it up to the a staff to decide if it is an abused rep or not?

I can not see on the rules that it is an rule. Maybe it should be implemented as a rule to stop abuse.

I would not think it is fair that a staff member is to decide if a rep that has been done is an abused one as some staff would have different views on what ones might be an abuse and what ones are. Where as if there was a rule stating that the reputation system can be used for related situations like rudeness, abusive, spamming, bad offers posts as - rep and then things like politeness, good offers, informative hosting news or announcements ect as a + rep.

Then there are no excuses when they do abuse and stop most of the childishness that goes on with the rep system. Also having a rule like this would also stop any members complaining that a staff member has favourite members.

I believe if they -rep and that's all they do... it might classified as abuse. I don't have any control over reps, only Peo and Jan do and I don't even care when I get -repped because it's mostly for dumb reasons. It's a rare case that I get -repped though. I mostly only ever give +reps if I rep at all.

We don't allow rep abuse and if reported to us we look into it. We rarely remove rep though. We've disabled the rep function for a couple of members who abused it.

We don't allow rep abuse and if reported to us we look into it. We rarely remove rep though. We've disabled the rep function for a couple of members who abused it.

Like me, which the ban for it was removed a month or two ago.

I wonder if the admins would give me max negative rep. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back