• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Reseller Host vs Own Host

worlditsme

Personally I think starting your own host is better if you have the programming skills. as it gives you greater control over what features you can provide to customers.

Anybody can install an OS and install a panel on it. There ya go, you're a host. Programming skills really have nothing to do with it.

Not programming skills, server admin skills 2 different things completely, and as Deeplist says anyone can start a host with nothing more than a text file with a few shell commands.

Running it and keeping it running is completely different though :)

As said above, you don't need any programmer skills to start a host. In the end it will help if you have more than basic linux/windows knowledge.

Administration sklls and dedicated server is the best combination for starting a reseller business.. However I do not think this is enough reasonable to interfere hosting market these days, unless you are able to provide something extremely new.

to start a hosting company you must be having a good knowledge to provide support for your clients .

kind Regards

Hi,

There is far more to running a host, free or otherwise, than getting a server and installing a panel. Commercial licenses, bank accounts, tax registration, staffing, cash flow... I could go on and on, but you get the drift :)

Regards,

Nick.

Back