• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

reseller vs dedicated

josku_x

Hello!

I have found a host that gives these plans:

Dedicated plans:

30Gb space
120Gb bandwidth
cPanel, fantastico
all unlimited

setup: 100$
price: 70$/ month

Reseller plan:

30Gb space
120Gb bandwidth
cPanel, fantastico
all unlimited

setup: 150$
price: 120$/month

I need to know, this host seems to be reliable, they were 3 years in business.
They offered me hosting, and I need 30Gb to store all my harddrive thingys... so this is not for my site.

but now to question:

Which is better a dedicated account or reseller account?

(PS: both of them are in different server, but dedicated gives you a dedicated IP and the reseller gives you FREE DOMAIN for 1 year)

Last edited:
I cant really see how that reseller plan is more expensive than a dedicated one. In almost all cases the dedicated option is better though.

For the price of that reseller plan you would be better off with a dedicated server. You can find a dedicated server at a great price and then you will have complete control and more space and bandwidth.

Good Luck

Let me see, their dedicated server specs are:

Processor
Intel Dual Xeon 3.2 GHz Plus
Memory
4 GB RAM
Hard Disk(s)
(4) 250GB SATA RAID 0+1 (30 GB Usable)

is that good for price :
price: 70$/ month ??????

It seems what you're looking at in your plan is rather a VPS, instead of Ded server. Their server have a lot of space, but you're getting only a portion of it.
I would say the Reseller plan is a bit expensive with the setup fee, so why not go for the VPS

Regards,

I really dont think he is looking for offers. He asked if that plan was good, not where should I buy.

josku_x, you are looking for a Virtual Private Server. It is the same as a dedicated server only less space and bandwidth but it is also cheaper. I highly recommend powervps.com and a2b2.com.

josku_x said:
Let me see, their dedicated server specs are:

Processor
Intel Dual Xeon 3.2 GHz Plus
Memory
4 GB RAM
Hard Disk(s)
(4) 250GB SATA RAID 0+1 (30 GB Usable)

is that good for price :
price: 70$/ month ??????

It likes a VPS. However, for VPS, the more important thing is how many MB of memory? How many Mhz of CPU?

Also, I am not sure why the setup fee is too high? Can you let us know who is the provider?

y04chs067 said:
isn't the RAM and processor stated there..?However,wad is the line u are on?

I think gate means if it is a VPS , how many mhz/ram are your promised. You don't usually use all of the servers power, it is usually sectioned off per VPS account.

I'm not sure of that, and I don't know the provider, as only someone sent me an e-mail with the offers.

Oh, why is setup high? I also asked that, and they said:

The setup fee is expensive, because(not limited to):
1. You get SSH Window Access.
2. You get a high-security 128-bit strong encryption GeoTrust SSL with a GeoTrust site seal.
3. You get 9,000 Templates.

All that above mentioned is calculated in the setup fee.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me whenever you want.

josku_x said:
I'm not sure of that, and I don't know the provider, as only someone sent me an e-mail with the offers.

Oh, why is setup high? I also asked that, and they said:

Well we see why your setup fee is high, although you may want to ask yourself, will you be using any of these features? If your just storing files or whatever there may be other options out there for more Storage, and less money.

Someone offered you without any link for his website? Or at least let you know who the provider is? Something wrong here...

i bet the 9000 templates are found from sum warez site or wadeva..And SSL certificates shouldn't cost that much..

I got the guy, his name was Chaostic. I asked many quesiotns from him and results:

There was no hosting at all, he gave me fake siteuptime results, there was one FreeSSL to be enrolled, and from a warez site a link to get 9000+ templates from boxedart.com

SO it was all a lie. As he saw me needing hosting, he wanted $$$ ofcourse, I nearly believed him, but obviously he didn't even tell HOW would I pay.

Lesson learned, good to only buy hosting with companies with sites, phone numbers and/or street addresses. As well as a history of good customers.

Back