• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Review my site please. DHTML.

Jerry

Hi Everyone.

I just made a new site for myself. It's just a small site but I'm particularly happy about it because I coded everything on it by hand. No use of frontpage/dreamweaver or whatever makes web pages for you. I also coded all the javascript used on it. The site is primarily DHTML and due to the limited features on Netscape, I only allow Internet Explorer viewers to see the page.

Just a warning. When you click enter and after it starts to "initialize", it might freeze for a few seconds. Just let it sit. I'm not sure whether that is due to the immense use of tables or because of the fading in. It appears to be tables to me. If so, I'll recode the index.html file.

The url is here.
http://x.jsu07.com/

Keep in mind.. everything on the page is HTML. The only thing that is flash is the audio player. All the fading and movement is done with the use of javascript.

Also, there is an anime pic on the background. Kind of rated PG-13 I guess. No nudity or whatever, just might catch some on surprise.

Sign the guestbook while your at it will ya? :D

Last edited:
Broadband certainly would be good for loading the site. Your body tags are showing. I dont know if you meant it like that or not. also the about button has no description show on mouseover. Looks good.

Pretty good... but the text is way to damned small. And im using 800x600, imagine the poor b@stard that uses 1024x768 to view your site.

hi. thanks for replying.

the text isn't that small. i'm using 1600x1200 and i am able to read it. i just changed my screen to 800x600 and the text is twice as big. how large is your monitor? i have a 19" monitor.

the font of the text in the images on the splash page is WAY too small. i'm using 2048x768.

Back