• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Review on post2vps.info

Kenner

Hello I don't know if this is the right forum xD. I just got my VPS from post2vps.info
I'm using my VPS to run minecraft server 20 slots so far we don't have massive lag (15 players on same time) from the past few days.

Code:
             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:          2048       1749        298          0          0          0
-/+ buffers/cache:       1749        298
Swap:            0          0          0

Code:
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/simfs             80G  6.8G   74G   9% /
none                  1.0G   20K  1.0G   1% /dev

Benchmarks:
Code:
CPU model :  AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+
Number of cores : 2
CPU frequency :  3013.768 MHz
Total amount of ram : 2048 MB
Total amount of swap : 0 MB
System uptime :   2 days, 13:15,
Download speed from CacheFly: 8.98MB/s
Download speed from Linode, Atlanta GA: 1.25MB/s
Download speed from Linode, Dallas, TX: 1005KB/s
Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 1.28MB/s
Download speed from Linode, London, UK: 6.25MB/s
Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 2.97MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 202KB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 393KB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 414KB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 595KB/s
I/O speed :  49.1 MB/s

Code:
65536+0 records in
65536+0 records out
1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 25.5996 seconds, 41.9 MB/s

Guess it's not terrible for free, but the I/O is horrific, and the CPU is quite outdated and underpowered. You should expect better speeds than that out of a single hard drive. A RAID10 array shouldn't be anywhere near that low.

Do note though that post2vps.info is mainly people making forum posts in order to get VPSs that are in fact sponsored by other providers. It's highly likely that some of their VPSs are going to be downright awful on the less reliable of sponsors, while others are in good shape and decently powerful.

The owner of it might eventually start running his own on his own hardware though, depends on how successful his project is.

Be aware though, post2vps.info is run by someone rather young and very inexperienced in the business. Expect him to make mistakes, he's still learning how all of this works. If you're alright with that, I see no reason not to give him a try if you're on a budget and aren't hosting anything really important.

mudducks gonna hate, lol.

atleast its not a single core, and it's more then good enough
for a free host.

It's NOT a free host. All those VPSs there are sponsored by paid hosts, as was mentioned by Seraphim, which is scary.

it is a free host :)

Well...the website and P2H service is free, but what I am saying is that the VPSs are provided by paid hosting providers, in the form of a sponsorship. The speeds on that VPS are quite low for a paid provider.

Well...the website and P2H service is free, but what I am saying is that the VPSs are provided by paid hosting providers, in the form of a sponsorship. The speeds on that VPS are quite low for a paid provider.

I heard that mtwiscool is paying for those low end boxes, I wonder how long he could afford that to do.

I heard that mtwiscool is paying for those low end boxes, I wonder how long he could afford that to do.

Hmmmm. Maybe he does now. That would explain the speed. He probably only has one drive in the system. They used to all be sponsored from different providers.

Back