• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Rip VHS to DVD

stuffradio

Super Moderator#1
NLC
Anyone know how I can rip a bunch of VHS tapes to DVD? Someone down our street just gave us a box full of their old VHS tapes and I want to put them on DVD since it's much easier to handle than the big clunky tapes.

Any solution for Mac or Windows is fine.

You can either buy (you may already have) a graphics card that can accept a type of input that your VCR can push out - a bit unlikely though. You can also buy USB VCRs for this specific purpose.

I have one of those DVD and VCR combo units that can record to dvd and copy the tape to dvd. If all you want is to have it on dvd and do not care about the menus then it is easy. Just put the blank dvd and tape in and press a few buttons.

I have one of those DVD and VCR combo units that can record to dvd and copy the tape to dvd. If all you want is to have it on dvd and do not care about the menus then it is easy. Just put the blank dvd and tape in and press a few buttons.

There are no menus on VHS tapes.

I recently got one of these of ebay "USB Video TV VHS DV Capture Device DVD"
cost me £6.99 works with recording xbox n stuff aswell worht buying and cheap aswell.

M02.gif

Back