• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Rosa Parks dies at age 92

hottweelz

b&
b&
Just heard it on the news. No Google News Results on it as of yet.

Anyone care to share any thoughts? A major milestone and what she represented is now an actual piece of history (One could say)

-James

I don't know just how ignorant this makes me, but I had no idea she was still alive.

To die at 92 suggests living through some serious stages in world history and equates to living a pretty fulfilling life, but Rosa blew them all out of the water. She pretty much initiated a revolution, one that is still in progress.

Sad news, but I'm sure she died happy knowing she's done so much for the world.

Yeah, she was cool and all, but she sat on a bus. Not exactly an extreme act of patriotism or standing up for her rights. She was a nice lady, she read to my 1st grade class, but way past her prime. Don't know what else to really say.

Tree NC said:
Yeah, she was cool and all, but she sat on a bus. Not exactly an extreme act of patriotism or standing up for her rights. She was a nice lady, she read to my 1st grade class, but way past her prime. Don't know what else to really say.

Not standing up for her rights? Do you know what she did? I think you need to read up a little about her. She is a prime example of how Americans stand up for their rights.

She did a little more than just sit on a bus. She took a stand on that bus that sowed the seeds of change in the racial segregation of the USA at the time. She is a hugely important historical figure.

She sat on a bus, in the "colored sectoin" and was told to get up when the bus driver extended the "white section" back more. She refused to get up as she was already sitting.

This led to a major boycott of the bus system in the city which almost crippled the Transit Company's Budget. News spread like WildFire. Rev Martin Luther King Jr, who was ONLY A reverend got wind of it. And it started from there.

Think about if she got up from the seat.

In her autobiography, she said that she wasn't trying to make a huge statement. She was just tired. "Not tired from work. A different kind of tired. Tired of being pushed around is what I was." I may have paraphrased, but that was the gist of it.

It was a good thing that she did, it started everything off. But I think everything would have happened anyway.

She made a huge mile stone in her life. One that everyone will remember. Just because everyone doesnt agree doesnt mean jack

Following her stance (or lack thereof...she actually took a "sit" for her rights ;P), a 380-some day boycott of public transportation began.

After that, a huge civil rights movement that has affected more than just African Americans has been put in place, thanks to works of her, Martin Luther King, and a handful of other names.

Tree NC said:
It was a good thing that she did, it started everything off. But I think everything would have happened anyway.
maybe so but shes one of the people who took the step to MAKE it happen..

this is out of curiousity .. i heard that segregation system is still going on the deep south .. is it true? i know that some restaurant in tx dont serve food to black people (dont know about other non white race.. but i got the info from a black friend of mine when he was coming back to chicago from houston he stopped at a restaurant in tx)..

I'm doing a history project on her. It's going to be a video of a skit of what she did. Gonna go on the city bus with around 5 people, one of them of course is a black girl. She's going to be Rosa Parks and will sit in the middle/front of the city bus. I'll be video taping it and the other people will be staring at her. One white dude will go up to the supposely "Rosa Parks" and ask her to give the seat to him just like what happened in 1955. How am I going to do this on a city bus you ask? Well, there's this certain route that some city buses go to and the drivers take a break. When the driver is taking a break, we'll ask permission to use the bus. This video is for our history project, but it's also a dedication to Rosa Parks. Heh, it's a bit crazy isn't it?

felguard said:
I'm doing a history project on her. It's going to be a video of a skit of what she did. Gonna go on the city bus with around 5 people, one of them of course is a black girl. She's going to be Rosa Parks and will sit in the middle/front of the city bus. I'll be video taping it and the other people will be staring at her. One white dude will go up to the supposely "Rosa Parks" and ask her to give the seat to him just like what happened in 1955. How am I going to do this on a city bus you ask? Well, there's this certain route that some city buses go to and the drivers take a break. When the driver is taking a break, we'll ask permission to use the bus. This video is for our history project, but it's also a dedication to Rosa Parks. Heh, it's a bit crazy isn't it?

The idea is solid, make sure the taste is correct, be very very sure. There's a fine line between your skit being a BIG Success or a BIG Controversy. Good Luck though!

Back