• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Santrex.net VPS Review 1 Month

wallnerx

Provider: Santrex.net
Duration: 1 Month (June 09)
VPS Plan: Bronze - Germany

First of all, I've seen many Negative reviews about Santrex.net and I really don't know why but for me it has been great. I am no longer with them since I have outgrown my VPS and I have moved to a Dedicated Server but here's my review:

Support

Santrex has to improve in response time, I've had other host that can respond a whole lot faster than them. I really don't use support a lot so in this area I can't say a lot except that they have to improve in response time.

Uptime

Other than my VPS being down for being suspended (got suspended in the last week of the month) because my site all of a sudden got too big, the VPS was never down for 1 Month.

Performance

The performance of the VPS was great, it was fast and the download speed was very fast for my US visitors. I don't think they are overselling...

Price

This is one of the reasons why I came back to Santrex.net, my budget was a little low and they have the features that I needed for the price that I can afford.

Suggestions To Santrex.Net

1- Improve response time.
2- Notify User if the VPS has been suspended.

Do I recommend Santrex.net?

Yes I do, in my case it was a great place for me to start my project and I would've continue with their services but as I said, I have outgrown the VPS so I have upgraded to a Dedicated Server. I am now with FDCServers.Net and will write a review soon.

Thanks for the review mate. It is great to see a client appreciating a provider. So as you said come back with your dedicated server experience.

Other than my VPS being down for being suspended (got suspended in the last week of the month) because my site all of a sudden got too big

Hang on a second. Your site got "too big" for the VPS and they suspended you?
Please explain?
To me, thats a clear "Stay away from us, we are dodgy, we want your money" warning sign!

I was thinking that as well fnixws, if they had setup the clients VPS properly, and were not overselling they should have been fine.

Hang on a second. Your site got "too big" for the VPS and they suspended you?
Please explain?
To me, thats a clear "Stay away from us, we are dodgy, we want your money" warning sign!

I was thinking that as well fnixws, if they had setup the clients VPS properly, and were not overselling they should have been fine.

My site was too big for a VPS, just like a site being too big for a Shared Host, there comes a time where you just need to upgrade to the next level and I'm pretty sure you guys know that... This only happened during the last week and I was already transferring to my Dedicated Server... I'm not saying that Santrex is the best host but my experience with them was pretty good.

Care to share your site with us?

Don't really want to put my site here yet.. I am not hosting my site there anymore but if you want proof then here it is:

244bfiq.png

Last edited:
I agree with LSComputers, if they were not overselling they should not suspended you.

It's your VPS anyway..

I agree with LSComputers, if they were not overselling they should not suspended you.

It's your VPS anyway..
They run on OpenVZ/Virtuozzo technology, I assume. Then these VPSes are still sharing resources among other VPSes.

Try a host with VMware or XenServer if you need dedicated resources!

They run on OpenVZ/Virtuozzo technology, I assume. Then these VPSes are still sharing resources among other VPSes.

Try a host with VMware or XenServer if you need dedicated resources!

I've tried Xen VPS before and yes, they do perform better than OpenVZ but a Xen VPS with the specs. that I needed was more expensive than the Dedicated Server that I have now.

Well, I do have the same exp as TS and now im moving to another VPS (which is far much better yet cheaper) than what they offer. I do move to a dedicated server after that. Well a bad exp with my 1st VPS.. ^^

It's your VPS anyway..

VPS has the sence of the dedicated server so that is not like the dedicated server. So if you are in your measures they will not be suspended. You can contact them and specify if you doubt.

Back