• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Server tunneling

INVIHO

I admit it ..never searched on google before. Answer for my question can be very simple ..

I have a dedicated server and I need to go online using the IP of that server . I think is called tunneling or proxy.. I need http,https and ftp protocols .. ftp is not a must

PHPPRoxy,CGI PRoxy or other things like this are out. I want to browse directly using firefox

Thanks

What I have to do ?

Thank you

If your server is a windows server you can use remote desktop and browse using firfox on the server. You will see the browser on your screen like it is on your computer.

try VNC, RealVNC or UltraVNC just make sure you password them.

Hmm if he is running a Linux Server installing a GUI environment is probably not the best idea. RealVNC will render useless he might as well stick with putty.

You can install programs on your server which will cause it to act like a proxy when accessed. However - this is not going to speed up your local internet. You will still transfer at the same rates. This is not easy to do - however, it is plausible.

Cheers,
Tyler

Hmm if he is running a Linux Server installing a GUI environment is probably not the best idea. RealVNC will render useless he might as well stick with putty.

You can install programs on your server which will cause it to act like a proxy when accessed. However - this is not going to speed up your local internet. You will still transfer at the same rates. This is not easy to do - however, it is plausible.

Cheers,
Tyler

Yeah I know will not speed up .I dont need it for that. I need it for IP location.

What I need ,i suppose , is a proxy software installed on server . I see there are dozens of free proxys around the world... Is so hard to transform my server in to a password protected proxy server?:confused4

Still not sure what you need to do with the server once connected, is it a VPN tunnel or a KVM over IP you need, as in access to certain services or access as if your sitting in front of it?

I think he means he wants to use a proxy to for all his connections on his local computer. He has a server which he wants to turn into the proxy.

It is possible, it is not easy.

Still not sure what you need to do with the server once connected, is it a VPN tunnel or a KVM over IP you need, as in access to certain services or access as if your sitting in front of it?

I want to access FreeWebSpace.net using my server.sow on look up on my infos IP will be the server one not my provider one ..
Basically i want to offer annonimity web surfing for my use and may be available for sale..

So it's YAWP.

Yet Another Web Proxy!

If other proxies don't work what makes you think any other server will? And if you get it working for a bit is it going to get banned? I assume there is some reason along those lines the others don't work.

I'm just guessing but the reason you may have mentioned tunneling might be connected to secure intrusion protected IP tunnels to stop any intervention on your access or detection. If not then please let us know :)

It is my business on what i want to use it . If its something illegal then cops will take care of me ! If my business will fail i lost the money and time or if i'll be succesefull i'll not share any money with you ... Then I'm asking myself .. Why the :evilb: do you care wht i want to do ..
I've asked a tech question .. You can answer fine. do it . if you dont then skip the thread :cool2:

Thanks

I'm not rude . I just dont like every one to come here and make assumptions on my projects. When somebody ask a question and i know the answer i help him if not I go on . I think thats common sense.

If you go ,buy a weapon to defend yourself and somebody start to scream .. You'll gonna rob a bank .. You;ll gonna rob a bank ..how do you feel huh ?

Bottom line. I hate guys that make assumption thinking they know everything.

I'll pay somebody to help me with this so .you can forget about it.

Thanks for all the nice guys like RockNRabbit that helped me :beer:

Last edited:
Point taken !

I think they are just a bit carefull as in the hosting area a lot of abuse is seen...

Kind regards,
PaulP.

@ Jan hehehehehe!

When you ask a simple question and somebody starts shouting 'I DIDN'T DO IT!' is it just me or does it seem a bit fishy?

What's wrong with asking why if one proxy doesn't work another should?

Sheesh! :rolleyes2

Last edited:
@ Jan hehehehehe!

When you ask a simple question and somebody starts shouting 'I DIDN'T DO IT!' is it just me or does it seem a bit fishy?

What's wrong with asking why if one proxy doesn't work another should?

Sheesh! :rolleyes2

Decker Too much paranoia bro ;)

Last edited:
Back