• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Server with many IP's

utcrazy

Wo ist mein handy
NLC
Hello,

Looking for something I cannot provide myself, a dedicated server host that can provide a lot of IP's for a cheap price.

If you know of any, post a link.

Thanks

What server specs are you looking for, and do you have valid justification for a high amount of IP's?

How many you looking for? We normally buy them in 2000IP blocks. If you don't feel like telling the forum, you can PM me.

Can you post your specifications? So that you can get more offers of what you need.

Kindly let me know your requirements.

We buy them 2000IP addresses at a time. But it requires justification.

From where?
ARIN? Well they do not exactly sell IPs in the first place. They allocate IPs based on your needs. Also, to get something like 2000 IPs from ARIN you need to be directly getting your bandwidth from a tier-1 network (have your own connections and fiber running to your routers, network)... no colo or middle men

If you are getting your 2000 IP blocks from a large network provider (SWIPing, sub allocation, etc).. I'm surprised they are giving out such huge blocks. I'd imagine they'd give out IPs in /24 blocks.. If you are buying 2000 IPs from them at regular intervals.. I'm surprised you are not dealing with ARIN directly.

Also.. no network provider is going to give you 2000 random IP addresses. They always address in blocks.. and I am imaging you are talking about a /21 block which has 2046 usable IPs.. So there is no such thing as a 2000 IP block..

Sorry, if you claim certain things you may want to back them up. We use around 5000 ip addresses and we've never aquired IP addresses in 2000 ip blocks.. So I just find that a bit hard to believe

From where?
ARIN? Well they do not exactly sell IPs in the first place. They allocate IPs based on your needs. Also, to get something like 2000 IPs from ARIN you need to be directly getting your bandwidth from a tier-1 network (have your own connections and fiber running to your routers, network)... no colo or middle men

If you are getting your 2000 IP blocks from a large network provider (SWIPing, sub allocation, etc).. I'm surprised they are giving out such huge blocks. I'd imagine they'd give out IPs in /24 blocks.. If you are buying 2000 IPs from them at regular intervals.. I'm surprised you are not dealing with ARIN directly.

Also.. no network provider is going to give you 2000 random IP addresses. They always address in blocks.. and I am imaging you are talking about a /21 block which has 2046 usable IPs.. So there is no such thing as a 2000 IP block..

Sorry, if you claim certain things you may want to back them up. We use around 5000 ip addresses and we've never aquired IP addresses in 2000 ip blocks.. So I just find that a bit hard to believe

Was just thinking that myself.

Cant see you justifying all them IPs @ once, just doesn't make sense.

We manage over 2000 IPs & we would never acquire more than 50 @ once.

Hmmmm. I guess now that I read it, it does sound confusing now doesn't it. I kinda worded it badly.

Just as you would buy one server at a time till you got 10, we'll buy subnets of 255 at a time till we get 2000 give or take a subnet. We have thousands of chinese clients over the whole corporation, 75% have their own NS's. As you can see...MOST Ip's go to NS's. Second main use is SSL's. Yeah..we can eat IP's like candy :).

@blind.pl Where do you get yours? Can I have a 10MB account with a few hundred transferable IP's :).

Last edited:
Helloe veryone, me again. I want to clarify my order and get more offers, I want to buy from multiple people, so keep it coming. I need 128 IPs per server and a minimum of 1GB RAM.

they normaly have better deals then fdc hence me posting them and not fdc

If you contact FDC themselves they are very easy to make some custom deals, I have tested and P4 3.0GHZ which with pix, would have costed $200 I payed $125.

Just need to tell them the best you can pay and ask for the best they can offer. If theres stock advalible your get an good deal :)

Why not get something from softlayer, they're really good.

Intel Pentium 930D (3GHZ Dual Core, 2x2MB cache)
1GB 667 Ram
100mbs connection
2TB BW
250GB SATA II
CentOS4 or RHEL
MySQL 4.1
128+1 IP's
APF Firewall and intrusion detection
100mbs VPN with unlimited users and unlimited bandwidth, shared among up to five of your servers for quick access to clusters. (BIG NECESSITY FOR ME)
$265 a month

Mind you this is going by reviews. I've heard that Softlayer is great. I'm helping RTG get more firmly established, and I'm looking into consolidating our many celeron, and 2.8 P4 servers onto a few of their Woodcrest 5130 systems with 750GB SATAII RAID 1 and 10TB BW on 100mbs connection. If we go through with it, I'll let you know how everything works out.

Last edited:
Back