• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Shared VPS vs Reseller VPS?

rapiddog

I think I'm in need of a VPS. I'm looking at the cheap end of the spectrum (< 5 USD per month).
I, for sure, need root shell access. Whats the difference between a shared VPS vs a reseller VPS?

I was reading through some posts here - and got to know that if I go the reseller route, I would not get root shell access.

Could someone provide clear-cut instructions on this matter (with suggestions)?

shared vps and reseller vps don't exist.

You were probably adivsed you would need a reseller hosting account which is the same as shared hosting with the ability to have multiple accounts.

A vps is just like having your own dedicated server. You may need to do some more research.

Your going to have to let us know what resources your need.

You sir are wrong. If your vps is with a good LEB provider you most certainly do it.

share vps you share with other member in same dedicated server.

resell vps is when people re sell the vps and vps is a share dedicated server with other member

share vps you share with other member in same dedicated server.

resell vps is when people re sell the vps and vps is a share dedicated server with other member

You mean like just a VPS that you could resell if would want to? I guess.

shared vps and reseller vps don't exist.

You were probably adivsed you would need a reseller hosting account which is the same as shared hosting with the ability to have multiple accounts.

You probably mixed the shared web hosting with vps hosting.Vps is next steps in relation to web hosting and also same but cheaper then dedicated server hosting.

stypype401

I think I'm in need of a VPS. I'm looking at the cheap end of the spectrum (< 5 USD per month).
I, for sure, need root shell access. Whats the difference between a shared VPS vs a reseller VPS?

I was reading through some posts here - and got to know that if I go the reseller route, I would not get root shell access.

A reseller vps is where you get resources allotted to you and you can create your own virtual private servers from those resources and even resell them.

As far as 'shared vps' goes.... all vps are shared, that's the whole concept. There are many VPS on a dedicated server making it a shared solution, although everyone gets full root access to their own 'container'.

Shared Web Hosting is the most common type of budget web hosting. You are hosted on a
server with different websites, that you share the server with. Shared Hosting allows multiple customers to share the resources of one server, so it is a very economical solution to host websites. All websites share the same IP and server hostname with shared hosting. This type of Hosting is not always well suited for all types of sites, especially for high traffic sites, because it is not always possible to isolate each website from other sites that share the server.

A VPS is just like a dedicated server in terms of functions it offers to its users like root SSH access, administrative control, flexibility to install custom software and applications etc but at an affordable price compared to a dedicated server. As a user you can get your own virtual environment with dedicated amount of server resources for your own usage. The control provided by VPS Hosting is perfect for developers or those who require total control and need to have the ability to configure the server the way they like, and install custom software as needed.

VPS Hosting is an isolated environment whereas in a shared hosting environment the server resources are shared among all accounts on the server. In a shared environment you have limitations that are determined by the host whereas with VPS Hosting you are in control - you decide how and what your server is to run

If you wanna go for the VPS at least increase your budget or its better to go with a shared hosting in this budget, and you will get a reliable one, and I am also hearing these terms first time, shared VPS n reseller VPS ..

They don't exist, maybe you are looking for reseller hosting which is different.
They don't cost so much and if you search on Google there are a lot of companies that are offering these packages for low prices too.

Hello.

Reseller VPS means its a VPS where you can resell VPS however you do not have access root access to the main node (think of it as a master reseller account except that you are reselling VPS instead of reseller plans).

Reseller VPS exist, if VPS is being resold. Though I doubt its nature, it is just more then original. As said by others, shared VPS does not exist.

Hour ateetog

As everyone mentioned here, there is no really such thing as shared vps. You are probably referring to a shared hosting account that will be hosting on a vps server. If your site is small and you do not get a lot of traffic a shared hosting account will suffice. But if you have a popular site then you need to consider a vps server.

Back