• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Should Youhosting resellers be banned here?

I agree, it should be banned. It is a co-branded host nonetheless.

mtwiscool, Its not different in any way shape or form. We ban hosts like that for a reason, to create equality for the real providers of hosting.

My only comment about Youhosting is,
gamerz_ban.gif

Really? So really what is the difference between someone going to hostgator getting a reseller account and going to youhosting and getting a reseller account? To me I guess I don't see a difference. Except one person paid for it and the other got it free. Can someone explain to me the difference.

For Youhosting, they are giving away free reseller accounts which have no limits capped.
With YouHosting, any ---- and Harry can register a reseller account with any kind of free domains like cz.cc, co.cc etc.
So basically all these resellers will max up the limit of each account they can create.
In another word, there will be "Free Shared Hosting" which gives 10GB space and 100GB bandwidth all around this forum.
And they will be attacking here like a swarm of bees.
Due to the facts that YouHosting is not really stable, especially with its reputation of is database servers always down etc,
those users who found these YouHosting resellers site from this forum, will start to lose faith on the reliability of the offers posted in this forum.
Hence, effecting the reputation of this forum, and the users will feel frustrated with their websites keeps go up and down like yoyo.

And another reason why most of these YouHosting resellers might cause problem is, most of them are using free domains for the reseller hosting.
As you know, free domains do have very high possibility to get their domain suspended anytime, such as .tk.
When the free domain is suspended, users become frustrated because they will not be able to access their files, and come back here and post a lots of complain etc.

Thanks for the information, but that still doesn't really make any sense. What I want is what truley makes an account from youhosting any different than a free reseller account from somebody in this forum. Really at that point we are drawing a thin line of what your going to allow and what your not.

Thanks for the information, but that still doesn't really make any sense. What I want is what truley makes an account from youhosting any different than a free reseller account from somebody in this forum. Really at that point we are drawing a thin line of what your going to allow and what your not.

Well, from my personal point of view, any free reseller account shouldn't be allowed to be posted at here at all.
Anyway, for normal cPanel reseller accounts, there are limited enforced on the reseller account.
Even if the person who offer a reseller account, will set some limit on it, so it will not be able to oversell until like crazy and crash his own server.
No one will want to crash their own server daily just because of wanting to oversell something and give them out for free.

While resellers who are using YouHosting, they do not know how much space the servers still have.
To them, it is like unlimited. So they will keep on offer out accounts with extremely huge space and since there are no limit on how many accounts a reseller can create, these resellers will give out huge accounts like crazy, and they will eventually fill up the servers very soon.
Since YouHosting only earn from VIP upgrades, and I doubt there will be much people upgrading to VIP (maybe 1 out of 50), YouHosting will not keep on increase the number of servers. So the websites will be all stuffed in those existing servers... And the result... I think you can predict what will happen...

Really? So really what is the difference between someone going to hostgator getting a reseller account and going to youhosting and getting a reseller account? To me I guess I don't see a difference. Except one person paid for it and the other got it free. Can someone explain to me the difference.

Hostgator offers the "Unlimited" plans, which are not allowed to be posted here either. If someone gets a reseller from someone here, they are 'normally' capped in terms of what they are given, such as 50GB space and 100GB transfer. They will have to allocate and divide that into smaller plans (such as 100mg/1GB, 500mb/5GB, etc). A youhosting reseller allows a straight 10GB space/100GB transfer. Since there are a plethora that are coming and posting, most with free domain names, they are nothing but cookie cutter hosts that act like they are true hosts.

That is my main reason for asking if they should and can be banned from posting offers here.

From what I see, using Youhosting as a reseller platform and offer hosting here, is no difference with promoting unlimited plan in this forum.
Unlike those who have own server, they can add new hard drive when the server is maxed out.
While on Youhosting, you don't know if they are going to add new hard drives or not, as the resellers have no rights to demand for it.

I believe he is talking about YouHosting is oversell like hell and resellers have no control on the server resource.
While those resellers who bought a WHM reseller account, will have rights to ask the host to increase the hard disk capacity when the hard drive is filled up.

If i buy a reseller plan from the X hosting provider (or a post2host reseller plan) and offer free hosting i will be acceptable here, then why not YouHosting too

Youhosting is like any other reseller hosting plan, they offer free and paid reseller hosting.

i think the problem is webmasters who join youhosting FREE PLAN, get a FREE DOMAIN and put up an template and call them selves a host, those are who have to get banned, not every youhosting reseller.

How do we distinguish between the two though ace2010? How do we know if they are using the free youhosting reseller plan or not?

Peo is not easy to know.
But easy to see if the reseller use a free domain eg. co.cc or .tk etc and its easy to see if the reseller use the youhosting ready-made template and does not put any work on his design.

So you may require from the youhosting resellers to have a real domain name and a unique tasteful design.
Plus you may require to get some PR on them hosting sites before they get the right to post here, so to avoid totally new hosts.

If i buy a reseller plan from the X hosting provider (or a post2host reseller plan) and offer free hosting i will be acceptable here, then why not YouHosting too

Youhosting is like any other reseller hosting plan, they offer free and paid reseller hosting.

i think the problem is webmasters who join youhosting FREE PLAN, get a FREE DOMAIN and put up an template and call them selves a host, those are who have to get banned, not every youhosting reseller.

Because if you purchase a reseller, or even get sponsored by a host here, you are given a specific amount of space and transfer. You then create plans to allocate said specs for users allowing for diversity. A youhosting clone has the one offer, and the plethora of wannabe hosts pop up with the same specifications.

Peo is not easy to know.
But easy to see if the reseller use a free domain eg. co.cc or .tk etc and its easy to see if the reseller use the youhosting ready-made template and does not put any work on his design.
Main problem is the hosts that have the same offer, basically from the same provider.

bursting out on the scene.

Disallowing a user for have little to no knowledge of hosting is scary to me. I find out everyday I have little to some knowledge of hosting. To disallow a user because they use youhosting services would be, I can't think of the word,,,. Unless they where a scam service. I tried the youhosting service for a short time. Very short. Did not like the CP. But I would like to point out the youhosting FAQ number 7. Actually the answer.

"It's almost impossible because this is truly a white label solution."

So you should not know that it is a youhost resell. But if you can tell which you can, Then would it not be better to allow them so people who come here to find professional free hosting can be advised. I resell (not youhost) and have little to fair knowledge. I would hope I could stay here. Is there a certain brand they fall under co-branded?

ttb

Back