• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

So many free picture+filehosts..Why not any free stream servers?

XSTREM

Hi there! :)

I love this place, and I am still pretty new here.
Well.

I have seen alot of free webhosts/filehosts/picturehosts. Some are better than others. But I have never seen a free stream server, that supports free streaming like Shoutcast fx. Why is that? Why not make a free streaming server with bandwidth quota, let's say 10GB/month, like the filehosts does? Then the free streaming servers could show some ads at the buttom of the media player, if they wanted to get something back. I know many people walk around with a little DJ in their stomach (inclusive myself), but they need the resources to make their dream come true.

Have anyone ever thought the same thought?

What does it need to make a, let's say, shoutcast server? I know www.swiftco.net offers streaming, but they want money - alot of money! :knockedou

Can anyone answer my questions? :classic2: .

Regards
XSTREM

It's expensive. You can have filehosts and image hosts as it uses up minimal CPU usages and Memory, shoutcast, and other such services use up too much.

Thats why.

Good day.

Ahh. So it's due to the big ammount of memory it uses? I see.

Yeah, okay. Now I understand.

Maybe they sould make a listener limit? Max 5 listeners pr. station for the free package. Max 30 listeners on the medium package. Max 150 listeners on the big and expensive package?

Wouldent that work?

Maybe it would, you could try it xstrem and let us know if it works :p

www.listen2myradio.com offer free shoutcast streaming if that would be of any use but that's the only one that I know of, I've tried it and it works great, your listeners must visit your radio page first before it will work in winamp.

Last edited:
Thank you very much!

I have tried to sign up on the listen2myradio site, but it keeps saying that I shall choose another port. I then choose a recommended port, but it dosent work.

Wierd.

John: I would try if I had enough bandwidth. :p

Keep trying the different ports, their system is pretty bad with showing which ports to try so I had to try a few of them before I found an open one.

Back