• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

some info on MySQL?

What exactly do you mean? You can have as many tables as you want. It really won't make a difference unless you try joining them all together -- at that point your limited to your CPU power and memory.

-mk

what i meant was say i'm hosted with like tera-byte, on some plan, not on my own dedicated server.

Is there like something where i can only have X number of tables? (should i take that into consideration while programming a PHP script)
and is there a common sizelimit for a MySQL database? like 40 megs or something...

MySQL can handle millions of records. I've personally pushed it above a couple million entries in one table.

The size in MB isn't the issue, since adding an index (additional key) will speed queries on that field yet increase the size of the db.

-mk

You can have as many tables as you want (though you don't want thousands of tables in one database...). And Tera-Byte doesn't have a MySQL size limit that I know of...

Back