• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Spacetowns

brettmeyers

Did anyone here try spacetowns.com web hosting service? I like the servers because they are fast but the people that run it delete your sites for really nothing. The first day I signed up for it I transferred my files to them, the site was working good but then the NEXT DAY my account was deleted. They said it was due to my entrance page. Now it was just a logo and enter link at the bottom, why was it deleted? I mean they could have at least given me an explaination and then let me change it if something was wrong. Not just go and delete it all before asking for it to be changed. No other hosts do that, why does spacetowns.com I recommend that the people in charge look into what they are doing better.

Actually, a lot of hosts get rid of your site without explanation. As far as Spacetowns goes, I'm not sure as to why they'd do that, but they are new, so they probably don't have a lot of experience with thtis type of thing yet.

True, never expect anything from an adless host and "unlimited" bandwidth doesn't exist.

At least myacen, adless and 1gb of bandwidth and only a few accounts won't slow you server down ;)

Well, the only unlimited that exist is used in symmetry(sp?) in circles..
Originally posted by Myacen Network
Alot of others are complaining aswell: Read their forums :D

Robert

I think that everyone should have a protest so that Spacetowns.com WILL NOT be on Freewebspace.net I don't think that Freewebspace.net should be known for the bad hosts that it tells you about. People should not be told about spacetowns because its just a waste of their time.

I know that many hosts are bad.. I have tried many, and I mean many different hosts. I got my fill of them. But I have to say, Spacetowns.com is the WORST I've seen yet!

Originally posted by brettmeyers
I know that many hosts are bad.. I have tried many, and I mean many different hosts. I got my fill of them. But I have to say, Spacetowns.com is the WORST I've seen yet!
Not for me as my account is idle there, no files.

Spacetowns is the best hosting ive eva used

when your site got deleted all you needed to do is ask the admins to restore your account NOT go slag them off in the forums and write a bad report for them.
I dont see why your complaining anyway you have a paid host.

Spacetowns are strict on there TOS if you break the rules your site is removed BUT if you are looking for an ad less, fast host with great support forums and you run a genuine legal site spacetowns is by far the best.
It should have been put in the freewebspace.net directory long ago

Last edited:
I think you are giving spacetowns un-due stick here.
They are new .... and ppl who do not abide by there terms and conditions .. no matter .. how little. .. there are still breaking the rules ... so in the T & C .. it says .. ( well more or less ) .. if you break the any t & c .. we will delete your account ....

:rolleyes: .. :confused:

Originally posted by brettmeyers
I think that everyone should have a protest so that Spacetowns.com WILL NOT be on Freewebspace.net I don't think that Freewebspace.net should be known for the bad hosts that it tells you about. People should not be told about spacetowns because its just a waste of their time.
spacetowns.com is a free host and FWS.net is one of the largest guide to free webhosting so they list free hosts...and there are worst hosts than them, and plus they sound pretty good for a free host

brett your site was an entrance page to your .com website why do you need to host with us when you have your own hosting account? other than to get listed in our directorys or use our bandwidth.

I removed your site because your index page was linking direct to your .com website no links on your account with us or anything.

Space towns may be new but we have been running a large pay host for 4 years and have ran another free host for a year.

The reason why we are removing EVERY site without notice that breaks the TOS is we are running space towns to last a very long time and not go under like a lot of hosts are doing and a lot more free hosts would stay in business or save a lot of monthly costs if they monitored every website they host. Which is what we will be doing and it will pay off as space towns will have the fastest servers, best uptime and best free host! :)

Originally posted by spacetowns
brett your site was an entrance page to your .com website why do you need to host with us when you have your own hosting account? other than to get listed in our directorys or use our bandwidth.

I removed your site because your index page was linking direct to your .com website no links on your account with us or anything.

Space towns may be new but we have been running a large pay host for 4 years and have ran another free host for a year.

The reason why we are removing EVERY site without notice that breaks the TOS is we are running space towns to last a very long time and not go under like a lot of hosts are doing and a lot more free hosts would stay in business or save a lot of monthly costs if they monitored every website they host. Which is what we will be doing and it will pay off as space towns will have the fastest servers, best uptime and best free host! :)

I agree ... i dunno why he said what he did .. if he is only using it for a doorway page.... thats stupid anyway ...

My site only has a "comming soon" message. They didin't deleted it for over 4 days! If they are really that bad, they would removed my site, wouldn't they?

I just love spacetowns, but I need PHP and MySQL!!!!

That's right...;) I wish there were more free hosts like you guy(s) that make sure EVERY or most sites you guys host follow the terms. :cool2:

Originally posted by spacetowns
brett your site was an entrance page to your .com website why do you need to host with us when you have your own hosting account?
This information is not true at all, I was working on putting a clients site there, but testing it out with files from my current site, they weren't meant to be seen by anyone except me at that time to see how fast the servers were and just what they supported. I had it up and running for one day, but when I looked at it the next day it was gone. I find this very disrespectful, you didn't even give me a chance, you can't just do this to everyone that signs up that isn't a friend of yours or something. I understand that it is your service, but why don't you write in your terms of service that well nevermind, there is no point in trying to explain this to you, you didn't want to listen before, why do you want to listen now?

Last edited:
I think Spacetowns is pretty cool - they're only new, give them a chance. Instead of immediately bashing them; at least try and find out what happened first.

Back