• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Spent the day in the ER...

i was in ER twice, once because i bent my wrist back all the way to my arm. Had to get a cast, X-Ray's were taken and all kinds of things. And another time was cause i cut my arm open on something sharp and i was bleeding badly. I lost quite a bit of blood, and they gave me some stuff that would give me nutrients as i was unable to eat myself because of the low amount of blood. They did not give me blood however, and i was there for 2 days, and after that i got to go home.

Now i am a lot more carefull!

The last time I was in an ER (for myself), I was in the first grade. I had caught some strange stomach virus, and threw up all solid foods within a half hour after eating them. I dont know if I was admitted overnight or what.....

When I was there, I was in for 3 weeks. Then I was out for a couple of weeks, and back in for another week due to an abcess. So a month total. It was a good time. :rolleyes:

Is it like sometimes you get those swollen toes?

Well, speaking of that, I usually get that once-twice a year, but only in 2000 did it get so serious, had to go to the doctor, and the freaking GP diagnosed me wrongly. Then it got worst and worst, until one day the pus finally burst, with lotsa blood.

Anyway, why are you back in the ER robert? I thought the collapsed lung was 6+ mths ago? And you didn't mention it.

I was experiencing chest pains again .. woke up at 5AM with the pains. Got to the hospital, after a few hours the pain went away, they have no idea and neither do I.

Robert said:
I was experiencing chest pains again .. woke up at 5AM with the pains. Got to the hospital, after a few hours the pain went away, they have no idea and neither do I.
I have crippling chest pains all the time, to the point where i cannot breathe properly or move my upper torso well.

Don't think I've ever had the nerve to go to the hospital for something like that, which to me is clearly not life threatening, or so I have been told after having a physical etc.

Think this one should be closed to to be honest - I'm on tablets for the rest of my life, but lets not spread concern.

PS anyone with chest pains go straight to hospital - don't dick about it's possible it could be serious.

jmiller said:
I have crippling chest pains all the time, to the point where i cannot breathe properly or move my upper torso well.

Don't think I've ever had the nerve to go to the hospital for something like that, which to me is clearly not life threatening, or so I have been told after having a physical etc.
After suffering a collapsed lung, I have a greater chance of experiencing a 2nd collapsed lung, therefore, any chest pains are taken seriously .

Robert said:
After suffering a collapsed lung, I have a greater chance of experiencing a 2nd collapsed lung, therefore, any chest pains are taken seriously .
Oops, okay that is fair enough then. :)
I was unaware of that.

jmiller said:
Oops, okay that is fair enough then. :)
I was unaware of that.
It really doesn't matter. If you experience chest pains to the point where "i cannot breathe properly or move my upper torso well", you should seek medical attention immediately. Just because something hasn't happened, doesn't mean it won't.

Here in the U.S., anyone who enters an ER with chest pains is immediately taken inside, placed on a EKG to monitor their heart, if that is fine, than a X-Ray and CT Scan is conducted to determine the cause.

Is it possible to have like...a blocked lung or something? Over the past couple of months, it seems like sometimes I have problems being able to fill my lungs completely. I've made due, it's really not too bad, but it really hit me when I was playing soccer last night. I'm sure it's nothing, I just tend to worry about things like that.

Blank Verse said:
Is it possible to have like...a blocked lung or something? Over the past couple of months, it seems like sometimes I have problems being able to fill my lungs completely. I've made due, it's really not too bad, but it really hit me when I was playing soccer last night. I'm sure it's nothing, I just tend to worry about things like that.
My right lung was completely collapsed, however, you can have partial collapsed lungs, which sometimes heal on their own. A simple CT (Cat scan) will determine if your lung is collapsed or not. Not sure about in Canada, but in the U.S. a CT scan is about $5500 dollars, so insurance is a must to have one.

so a partially collapsed lung (not saying I have one, but it's a possibility, I suppose) is not THAT big of a deal? or does it lead to the possibility of a fully collapsed lung if it doesn't heal itself?

Blank Verse said:
so a partially collapsed lung (not saying I have one, but it's a possibility, I suppose) is not THAT big of a deal? or does it lead to the possibility of a fully collapsed lung if it doesn't heal itself?
I really don't know the answer to that question. But the doctor told me that some people suffer a partial collapse lung and just continue on their life and it either heals on it's own or remains partially collapsed.

hmmm....well, that's good to know. At this point, it's more of an annoyance than anything. Thanks for the help, Robert. Hope you're doing better yourself.

Back