• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Stared the new years with a bang!

Gonzo

This year has all ready been great for me.

Today My girlfriend and I was comming back from her grandfathers house and it was a icey road and I hit a few pot holes and I went to slow down and I put on my breaks(Not a good move) and then I slid off into the ditch. Me and her never got hurt, lucky cause if it was a few more feet infront we would have hit a big rock or if we would have went a few more feet behind we would have rolled right over. It took 2 trucks to pull us out and a few men to push and me driving it out. Nothing major happend just riped the rubber of the tire off the rim but I went and got that fixed for 4 bucks.

Just though I would shair my "GOOD" day with you.

Like I said its was nothing big. Just when they pulled me out the rubber just got pulled off the rim, so we just put the spair tire on and then I dove to the grage and got them to put it back on the rip and tommorw I will go out and put it back on. Nothing else happend to the car. Thank goodness. Also I just got the car inspected yesterday at the same place I got to put the tire back together.

My family car has anti-skid protection... which basically means that if the car starts to skid the suspension doesn´t move, basically locking the car back into place. I don´t know why it wasn´t thought of before. The car is a Dodge Sport SE minivan.

But still probley not any good for where I was at. the road was all ice. and I mean all of it was. It was also a mud road too so that does not make it anybetter. But when you are sliding on ice the worse thing that can happen is if one of all of your tires stop, that will make you go side ways. What I done was when I was going for the pot hole is I put on my breaks to slow down so I could just go around them but then I brakes locked on me so I had no choice to keep going for the ditch.

I have a 92 sunbird GT.

Originally posted by Gonzo
But still probley not any good for where I was at. the road was all ice. and I mean all of it was. It was also a mud road too so that does not make it anybetter. But when you are sliding on ice the worse thing that can happen is if one of all of your tires stop, that will make you go side ways. What I done was when I was going for the pot hole is I put on my breaks to slow down so I could just go around them but then I brakes locked on me so I had no choice to keep going for the ditch.

I have a 92 sunbird GT.

This is a rugged sport car with truck suspension so it would work on the ice. It is the 2001 Model. What it does is the lock goes into place so all the wheels start moving forward.

ABS Brakes are not the same as that anti-skid system.

ABS brakes are not going to lock on you. meaning once you let off of them they will stop and your wheels will keep turning.

Alot of cars do have ABS breaks

Maybe it means:

Auto Braking System
Auto Banging System
Anti-Terrorist Banging-Hi-jack proof System

Are you playing dumb or do you really not know? Somebody already explained it.....

BTW, the version I heard was Anti-Brake(-e+ing) System... :confused:

Speaking of wrecks, some guy fish tailed on the road this morning and hit my mom head on while she was driving my car. It is completely totaled :( :mad: :cry2: :angry2: . But my mom is ok :) .

Back