• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

StormVZ - Anyone heard of them

Sitebee

UFO Hunter
NLC
There`s a new kid on the block in the VPS market called StormVZ operating out of the UK.

Just wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with them on here, their vps prices seem too good to be true and rings alarm bells in my head, heres an example.

Their top VPS package is:

120gb hdd
2gb ram
2tb bw
4 cores
1gbps uplink
£12 a month + £9.99 for cpanel/whm

Surely at that price they are operating at a loss and massively overselling their hardware which I believe is from Rapidswitch. Another alarm bell is that they have 90k + twitter followers, ive yet to see a hosting company with that amount.

I`m not host bashing here, just curious how they can operate with those prices. I`m considering trying one myself with those prices.

Last edited:
They have tons and tons of bad reviews out there.

If you think those prices are crazy, one of their specials a few weeks ago was 3GB of RAM for under $7 USD / 4.40 pounds. That's $2.30/gig of RAM, or about $74 for 32 gigs of RAM. It is insane for anyone to think a service is sustainable at that price point. It has to be ridiculous amounts of overselling taking place, as making $75 on a server (even assuming the equipment is owned and co-located) won't even pay for the bandwidth.

Back