• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Support Ticket System that can be open to public responses?

Decker

Officially Old!
NLC
Support Ticket System that can be open to public responses?

You may say WTF...

But yes - looking for recommendations on a good, solid ticket system that will allow many users to respond, only if they register and be added to a group that can.

I know many will recommend a forum but as you know that can get off track/topic.

This is to support anyone who wants to post a support ticket, and be responded to by a whole load of (vetted) people that can help.

So get in with your thoughts on this one :biggrin2: I know you lot can come up with something.

I don't think you will find much in the way of this, because that is exactly what a forum is. Your best bet would be to setup a forum board such as mybb and modify the permissions. Lock down the default group so that they can only post topics/respond to their own topics (mybb has a mod for this), and then create another usergroup that has the ability to respond to all. Maybe limit the viewing of topics by the default usergroup to ones that the user has posted, so that they cannot see ones by other users, etc. You say this can get off-track, but no more so than what you are describing, because this is what you are describing.

Well then, your next best bet would be a question & answer script (essentially clones of yahoo answers). http://www.answerscript.com/. I don't know if this supports only verified answers, but a minor modification should allow it or an alternative might.

Thanks guys, guess I'll just keep hacking away at some of the ones I've got.

I know the request is a bit fuzzy but I have a fixed idea of what I need, any more suggestions please post em :)

Back