• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The so called "theft safety" features of the Chevy Lumina!

syd

NLC
NLC
I got into my car (well, I used my dad's today), and couldn't figure out why the key wouldn't turn and start up the car. I was INSIDE the car alright, but couldn't turn the ignition.

This car has a special feature where the key is electronic, so only a certain key can open and start the car (2 seperate keys)

Then I looked around...

Hmm.. looked much cleaner than before. Where's my floormats? Why doesn't my cup fit all the way in the cupholder?

WASN'T MY CAR! Was someone else's! Mine was right beside it!

How stupid. I actually just got into someone's car and could have stolen it. Even worse, they could do the same to me.

So called "SAFETY!"

That's wierd. It could come in handy if you locked your keys in your car though; you could just find another lumina owner.

I wasn't aware of that with Luminas. The same is true with newer Hondas though.

If you want real safety, get bullet proof windows and shave your door handles. Get a remote entry door popper system and never lose your door popper remote. No door handles and no locks make it a lot harder to break in.

I thought all you need is a wire coat hanger...or is that for "older" cars only.

And...did I miss what the theft safety feature was?

Originally posted by Canuckkev
I thought all you need is a wire coat hanger...or is that for "older" cars only.

Yeah older domestic models.

The keys got locked in my 91 4runner and it took 2 two truck guys about an hour and a half the get the door open. I learned a lot about breaking into cars, thats for sure.

Ha. You're talking to the King of shitty cars, you have no idea how easy it is to break into my car. That's one of two reasons why I'm not bringing it to Ottawa...easier to steal (although anyone who steals my car is a ----ing moron), and the second reason is it would probably die in Saskatchewan.

Heh, that the same thing happened to me with a Dodge Aeries... Except that it was possible to turn on the ignition...

Back