• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Thinking About Getting This....

Well, if you want it. Not really any point in asking for what everyone else thinks if it's only for internet browsing and other small things. You could use basically anything for that.

Well, if you want it. Not really any point in asking for what everyone else thinks if it's only for internet browsing and other small things. You could use basically anything for that.

The only issue I have is that I need an optical drive, and I don't want it separate, I also need a pretty big screen, and it needs to be wireless G capable.

The price also has to be 250 or under though, so this thinkpad fits my bill.

Last edited:
Not bad for $250.
A new Netbook will set you back at least the same, and id rather have that than a netbook.

What do you need the optical drive for? Installing linux or windows? This can be done via USB stick.
Otherwise, an external shouldnt set ya back more than $50
http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-2-0-externa...C_Drives_Storage_Internal?hash=item5d2690844b

I don't have enough money for both, hence why I need one built-in. Around here, I shop mainly in person and with cash, I really don't like buying online. Plus, the laptop I get will probably not be able to boot from USB, not sure.

I own a Lenovo (Technically samething as IBM) ThinkPad X61t and have been suggesting Lenovo/IBM Thinkpads to every. They are solid, reliable and the service with Lenovo is amazing. Go ahead and buy it, you should not be disappointed with this laptop!

Last edited:
Stay away from CompUSA. I bought a laptop there years ago which had issues right after I bought it, and I had a hell of a time getting them to fix/replace it.

This was a few years ago, but it was a brand new laptop, still under warranty, only a day or two old, and it was having serious issues with the hardware. They refused to replace it and wanted us to mail it out to HP - which would take 4-6 weeks. It was just a huge PITA, though I don't know if they have since went out of business like Circuit City.

This was a few years ago, but it was a brand new laptop, still under warranty, only a day or two old, and it was having serious issues with the hardware. They refused to replace it and wanted us to mail it out to HP - which would take 4-6 weeks. It was just a huge PITA, though I don't know if they have since went out of business like Circuit City.

Off-lease items shouldn't have serious issues with hardware though.

I think they have to be re-certified by Lenovo/IBM before they are sold off so I'm guessing that you won't have any hardware issues.

And if you do, Lenovo is fast with their support. From me calling about an issue with my screen (defect where the screen's finish wore off in one corner) to getting my laptop back in my hands fixed took less than a week!

The laptops seems to have very low specs, but for the price thats the best thing you can get.

- 14.1 inches screen, very small.

- 60 GB hard drive space, just windows vista takes around 20 GB space.

The laptops seems to have very low specs, but for the price thats the best thing you can get.

- 14.1 inches screen, very small.

- 60 GB hard drive space, just windows vista takes around 20 GB space.

A. I used to use 1024 x 768 all the time.

B. 60 GB? My documents don't even take up more than 2 GB (They're on a 8 GB Flash Drive). Plus, I use linux.

A. I used to use 1024 x 768 all the time.

B. 60 GB? My documents don't even take up more than 2 GB (They're on a 8 GB Flash Drive). Plus, I use linux.

If you will use the laptop only for personal, then it should be enough for you, but when considering for a business use, then you may have to look for something better.

The hard drive of the laptop is 60 GB, which will leave you with 40 GB space for personal use.

I wish you best luck with the purchase :)

If you will use the laptop only for personal, then it should be enough for you, but when considering for a business use, then you may have to look for something better.

The hard drive of the laptop is 60 GB, which will leave you with 40 GB space for personal use.

I wish you best luck with the purchase :)

I'm pretty sure I won't be doing anything "business" on my machine, since I really don't care to do anything else but stocking.

Even for business usage, it's good.

I find that my 12.1" tablet @ 1400x1050 is more than enough for all my tasks (including: programming, writing documents, browsing the web, email, etc)

I have 80 GB and it formats to 68.5 (I have the recovery partition taking some space) and out of that I have 24 GB free and most of that space is taken by some specialize software which a home user won't need.

Bottom line, you should be fine if it's for personal use!

I think I'm going to pass on this actually. Mainly due to the fact that it's online. Going to save for a new computer.

Back