• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

This gotta be cheapest

It's about $10 per extra GIG of transfer. So that's probably how they hope to make their money. Your also bound to an annual or three year contract.

Very deceptive too, every host I know mentions monthly price, but these guys mention the weekly price.

Last edited:
hmm... whats a gibabyte?

actually it says the harddrive is 20 gig, the transfer is 250 gibabyte a month...

other than the fact that they can´t spell gigabyte its also worth noting that the prices are per week and not per month... but i guess its still fairly cheap...

Originally posted by spork
hmm... whats a gibabyte?

actually it says the harddrive is 20 gig, the transfer is 250 gibabyte a month...
transfer is 250 GB per year not month.

There's also a set-up fee of £168. This company does lots of other services - domain registrations, etc, and there support is notoriously lousy! They also have extremely complicated cotracts with lots of clauses to try and tie you into it

UK2 servers are located in Redbus Interhouse London

They pay UK bandwidth fees to

XO Communications and AboveNET

20GB data-transfer in UK for that cheap price is alot :)

Cheap? Due at time of purchase...

Setup Fee:
£168

Contract:
£623 / year if 3 year contract (paid up front = £1,869) or
£831 / year if 1 year contract

Support:
Depends on choice (Free - £595 / year).

Assuming you choose the free support option, you're looking at £999 for 1 year contract, paid up front, or £2,037 if 3 year contract, paid up front.

Personally, I'd pass on this super deal...

if you need your server to be up 24/7 and when shit hits the fan ... you want a tech who can turn off a fan ( solve problems fast )

DO NOT GO WITH UK2

There techies would know a problem if it bit them on the privates :rolleyes:

If you want a well managed UK based server go with rackspace.co.uk. A steal at 5 pounds per gig and excellent support from what I hear...

Back