• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

This was hilarious, I had to post - You will cry from laughing so hard

What's wrong with unlimited? It does exist! I had a bottomless drink from Nando's today.. it never stopped!

Seriously now, I hate these unlimited hosts - it makes me laugh when they are paid hosts stating unlimited, let alone free :D

I used to spend whole night time at McD, ordered a coke, and keeps request for free refill and stay online there.
But still, the coke is not unlimited, coz I drink until stomachache and eventually, I have to rush to toilet. And at that point, I found that no matter how unlimited it is, there is always a limit in everything.

What's wrong with unlimited? It does exist! I had a bottomless drink from Nando's today.. it never stopped!

Seriously now, I hate these unlimited hosts - it makes me laugh when they are paid hosts stating unlimited, let alone free :D

The restaurant still has a finite quantity of ingredients on hand, they would have to call for a truck to get more and usually this takes a day or two to happen.

In the case of something food-related though, the customer will always get sick of the product long before the restaurant actually runs out of ingredients unless it is poorly managed and they are short-stocked to begin with.

Also, to point out a glaring flaw with unlimited schemes:

No it's not. If it's Free hosting, they could just set the file-size limit to 2mb, limit file-types and put advertising. Then any site big enough to use say 50gb in space and 5000gb in bandwidth is making them a killing in ad revenue, if you were the host do you think you would suddenly want to limit the size of the website rather than buy another server for it so it keeps making you money? :lol:

That's two limitations in order to make just one "unlimited" profitable. Not only that, but you can bet the server will be oversold as well because after all if a host is not going to advertise real limits on their service they certainly aren't going to respect their server's limits either as long as it is still standing. Which means overall site performance is going to suffer horribly when the company rams full steam into their capacity limits long before expecting to have to build another server. Ad revenue might be good if you are getting lots of traffic relative to your bandwidth- I know I actually make almost 4x more money for a given slice of resources from it's ad revenue than I would make selling it directly, but after seeing how poor the payouts actually are relative to the site traffic generating it, good luck buying a server using ad profits unless you already have more than half of the costs set aside from other sources.

The restaurant still has a finite quantity of ingredients on hand, they would have to call for a truck to get more and usually this takes a day or two to happen.
You can only ingest a finite amount before your blood thins and you'll need hospitalization, so yes it's "unlimited" in the sense it's "as much as you can drink".
That's two limitations in order to make just one "unlimited" profitable. Not only that, but you can bet the server will be oversold as well because after all if a host is not going to advertise real limits on their service they certainly aren't going to respect their server's limits either as long as it is still standing. Which means overall site performance is going to suffer horribly when the company rams full steam into their capacity limits long before expecting to have to build another server. Ad revenue might be good if you are getting lots of traffic relative to your bandwidth- I know I actually make almost 4x more money for a given slice of resources from it's ad revenue than I would make selling it directly, but after seeing how poor the payouts actually are relative to the site traffic generating it, good luck buying a server using ad profits unless you already have more than half of the costs set aside from other sources.
My points exaclty!

Its not the term unlimited that got me laughibg..

Its this:
Consider this to be a replacement for T35, 110MB, Tripod, ---------, Byethost, YouHosting.com, and others!

And these guys are just byet resellers.. and they tell that they are hosted by fatcow...lol..

I used to run a RPG game that required alot of files for the game client, I'd abuse these sort of free offers to host those files since I was always using alot of bandwidth and after so long my account would just get terminated haha, Probably cause of all the data I used within the week going more than there actual 'allocated' limit. However yeah, these sort of offers only get abused by 'noobs' who are like 'OMGZUNLIMITEDHOZT!'

unfortunately the newbie doesn't understand why they would pay for x amount of space resources when they can get unlimited so much cheaper in reality they will need to upgrade if the website they are running gets popular.

Back