• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Time to make breakfast [pics, 56k=you've been warned]

Bruce

NLC
Now I dunno how well these types of threads will go over here, but they work well at other forums. So anyway... on with the thread:

I felt like having some pancakes this morning, so I did.

S2400002.JPG

All the ingredients.

S2400004.JPG

First, take all of the dry ingredients, flour, sugar, salt, baking power, and baking soda, and mix them in a bowl.

S2400007n.JPG

All mixed together.

S2400006n.JPG

I like to add some vanilla extract for a little flavor.

S2400008.JPG

The liquid ingredinets, milk, egg, vanilla extract, and vegetable oil, are mixed in a separate bowl.

S2400009.JPG

Mixing the dry and wet ingredients.

S2400010.JPG

Almost there...

S2400012n.JPG

Now the batter is complete.

S2400014.JPG

Time to heat up the griddle to about 375°

S2400015.JPG

The pancakes are starting to cook...

S2400016.JPG

Mmmm... perfect.

S2400018.JPG

Action shot! Hi2u Mrs. Butterworth. I added 2 sausages for good measure.

S2400020.JPG

That is all.

Mrs. Butterworth?

In my country that would be blasphemy. (I have the same measuring cup as u)

looks good. I had a bagel.

Last edited:
you're not very good a scrambling the eggs.. look at all those floaty yellow bits! (which i always seem to get a lot less of)

oh my god, your pancakes are too thin. and where the hell is the whipped cream ? you should add this instead of so much of this.. brown liquidity, didnt they taste too sweet ?

tandoc said:
you're not very good a scrambling the eggs.. look at all those floaty yellow bits! (which i always seem to get a lot less of)
I can scramble eggs with the best of them, and I can make a mean omelette too.

I made pancakes yesterday though, so I don't see how that's relevant.

If you're referring to my beating of the egg, that doesn't really matter. It was all mixed in nicely by the time the batter was complete.

murat said:
oh my god, your pancakes are too thin. and where the hell is the whipped cream ? you should add this instead of so much of this.. brown liquidity, didnt they taste too sweet ?
You silly foreigners. ;)

You don't put whipped cream on pancakes, you put syrup.

nahhh not ice cream, pancakes have to be warm while eating, ice cream would melt, and it would just taste like, sugar.

as i said, whipped cream would work fine. or mix bananas with hony, this should be fine too.

Pancakes has a wide variety on how you can eat it.

Pancakes with maple syrop.

or

Pancakes with vanilla icecream.

or

Pancakes with whipped cream.

or

Pancakes with jam.

Back