• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Time to rebuild my host spread

Round 4

So far in Round 3 we saw a whole batch of new hosts and a deletion. As a whole the batch of Round 3 entrants has been more stable, thus quietly achieving a snip of my purpose to keep a steely watching eye trained on the field long enough to begin discouraging Turnover experts.

For Round 4 there is a new requirement - the hosts must offer 1GB plans as standard plans available to the public; I would like to reduce the need to rely on Manager's Coupons for that.

Does that apply to carry overs from previous rounds?

Incidentally the plan you are currently using ended up becoming one of my standard plans, at the present time it is my most requested as well.

It applies most strictly to new hosts. I know that a couple of the hosts that had lesser disk quotas have already left the study, and I haven't really surveyed the current batch to put the stats on a chart.

Alright, been working on the site under the hood, the menus are now CSS only, so they work with JavaScript disabled, ala noscript, I also am depending much less on the menus now. Still looking for an alternative to the slide show though..

Alright, been working on the site under the hood, the menus are now CSS only, so they work with JavaScript disabled, ala noscript, I also am depending much less on the menus now. Still looking for an alternative to the slide show though..

Hey Seanie,

Not sure where you left off things, but I get inconsistent results from the menus.

Support and About Us look like they're correct.

Shared Hosting and VPS look don't drop down, so I dunno if they're supposed to, but at least they work if you click on them.

Dedicated, shoutcast, and other services don't do anything at all. : (

Hey Seanie,

Not sure where you left off things, but I get inconsistent results from the menus.

Support and About Us look like they're correct.

Shared Hosting and VPS look don't drop down, so I dunno if they're supposed to, but at least they work if you click on them.

Dedicated, shoutcast, and other services don't do anything at all. : (

There's only two menus in use on the site right now, the other buttons don't do anything for the moment because I havent rewriten those pages yet, the design has been taking up most of that time. The options are just menu items, the only drop downs are about us and support (they have that little downwards arrow next to them)

Like I said, I'm trying not to use the menus much, but I had to at least use those two to make the navigation work on a minimum of a 1024x768 resolution

Last edited:
Round 3 Appears Final

Looks like I hit equilibrium on my study. Anyone who wanted in, is apparently in. So it looks like there's no round 4.

So now we can just do stuff, and see how our existing hosts do. Yay!

I'd love for you try out what I have to offer over at http://www.l4rge.com, that is if you're still doing this.

Hiya Amaresh.

I am standardizing on a 1GB plan because it's the midway between small providers and prevents most overselling attempts. It looks at first glance that your plan is 250 megs. FYI I believe that very soon 1GB will become a "bench point" for hosts. Are you able to put through a "manager's coupon" to upgrade me to 1GB? I can drop to something like 3GB if you need me to, and evem that will sit idle a lot of the time.

Heh. I don't have an official "round" yet because you're the first new host to ask in a while. If I get 2-3 more entries I'll make it official. Otherwise I'll just add you.

Also, please re-examine your subdomain policy, and coupon that if you have to, because I only run on subdomains. It's easier to keep parallel pages that way. In case you haven't spent a nice evening reading all 500 messages, I keep my hosts as a strategic spread, doing different things per host. But you won't get any abuse here.

Cheers,

--Tao

If you are taking offers, you can add me too. Just submit the signup form on my site. If you want a sub domain, just put your requested sub domain in the domain box.

If you are taking offers, you can add me too. Just submit the signup form on my site. If you want a sub domain, just put your requested sub domain in the domain box.

Maybe, McIntyre. Looks like you've made a new back end since your days of Paradox. I have no grudges...

Heh still resisting a new round until I hear more voices... it went a week with nothing at the last general call. : )

If your back end is solid now, you might do well.

P.s. I'd edit your sig - it looks a little vague and doesn't help sales because there's zero info there. Subtle links are an Other-Forum thing - here, you'd want a wee bit of info apparent at a glance.

P.P.s your fall into the category of requiring a specific text of a linkback. I have to decline that. I would like a coupon to make you a typical host button on the top page pointing to a location of your choice.

p.p.p.s. You know how this forum hates "unlimited" anything. Make your page = "100 of anything else" because no one will exceed 100, and you can privately deal with anyone who tries.

Last edited:
Maybe, McIntyre. Looks like you've made a new back end since your days of Paradox. I have no grudges...

Heh still resisting a new round until I hear more voices... it went a week with nothing at the last general call. : )

If your back end is solid now, you might do well.

P.s. I'd edit your sig - it looks a little vague and doesn't help sales because there's zero info there. Subtle links are an Other-Forum thing - here, you'd want a wee bit of info apparent at a glance.
I am going to soon, I'm planning it right now

P.P.s your fall into the category of requiring a specific text of a linkback. I have to decline that. I would like a coupon to make you a typical host button on the top page pointing to a location of your choice.
That's fine.

p.p.p.s. You know how this forum hates "unlimited" anything. Make your page = "100 of anything else" because no one will exceed 100, and you can privately deal with anyone who tries.
I have seen people complain about unlimited disk and bandwidth mostly.

"Unlimited" word does not affect to other things except Disk space and Bandwidth. Becaus space and bandwidth have limits while others don't.

I don't see a issue there. And also no one uses unlimited features. That's actually an eye catching technique. ;)

Hallo.

I'm going to try the signup process for Mcintyre & Amaresh.
Comment: asking for
Full Name Address and Phone seems pretty aggressive for a free host you guys. Per my note in that other thread, right now users have just as much trouble trusting the stability of hosts as the hosts have trusting users. So, I'll submit an application but I decline that info.

... Try now and holler if you need info.

Last edited:
Heh "Round 3.1.1"

McIntyre's My-Webhost has been added.
I'm about half way with Amaresh's L4rge, with a question pending.

L4rge

Hey gang,

As of about 7:30 US East, I can't seem to get to L4rge.com at all. Am I behind some local problem or does anyone else get that result either?

I sent Amaresh a note too, asking if he's doing maintenance.

Back