• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Time to rebuild my host spread

I'm getting a noticeable outage from PerfectZ again.

Unfortunately, that's correct. :(

I am also surprised with these downtimes which is going even though there is no issue on the server except for the DDoS attack.

I am kindly requesting patience from all of our clients including you Tao. I am trying to do something more reliable these days. Maybe we could accomplish the goal in next couple of months.(Maybe less.)

Colorhost Closing!?

From a redirect on their front page -

"Were Sorry to see us go! But after long years here....ColorHost is Closing.
We May Return in the future, But no promises
We all hope you may return to us for hosting soon. "

Probably a joke. If not, can they shed some light on the situation?

Naw Darksoul, that kind of thing is never a joke - jokes are usually in word choices etc.

Now it's not clear if it's a malicious attack, but if they are closing, they should have posted a note here. What bothers me is how fast and dirty the notice is. Usually a business closing has an exit plan and a half decent apology page.

Either way, if they're in fact still around, they're just about out of chances because losing control of a server to an arbitrary rewrite would be tied for top-three security breaches.

All this is enough for me to post a board update in a minute.

Here is the current board, this time on Babblehost's copy.

http://taophoenix.babblehost.com/ReVisionWhitesource.html

IsMyWebsite is down from the high perch after a bad shakeup, but they are relaunching Version 4 now.

Colorhost has been retired. A couple of the other hosts withdrew.

So we're getting to the endgame of this study. The infamous CWahi became the winner. As long as they're not sitting on any big surprises, Babblehost has been quietly doing the No-News-Is-Good-News route to take second. The others are about in a dead heat by this point, and the order I chose is a rough approximation.

The FAQ page got a big cleanup too. It's still got a "Tumblelog" feel, but I rewrote the whole thing to be more respectful that the last series of hosts to depart were not 4-month scams, but hosts that tried hard while they lasted. That was definitely a development I didn't see coming back at the beginning.

http://taophoenix.babblehost.com/Science/ScienceArticle2c.html

Last edited:
Damn. Didn't you start out with like 15 applications?

More than that. I don't want to get dragged into pasting the former entrants, but I think there were about 30 including the ones that I only issued quick replies to on the board.

What surprises me is the implications of Opt In. I really was pretty lenient in the grading, but "only 20" hosts applied. Compared to the total chaos of the Hosting Offers board, that bothers me just a little. Only 1Gig space, using negligible bandwidth, negligible features. I should have been flooded.

Last edited:
Hello guys!

I am sorry to see us go, Were closing.

We can no longer support ourselves, it wasnt getting us anywhere.

We plan to return in the future, our servers are still up (Besides Green)

EDIT: I also forgot to include, that we do have backups off all our data...so if we were ever to come back, it would be like we never left.

Last edited:
Wow, hardly even two years...
Now can people see where these $1 hosting plans will get you?

Did you need to be rude in your post? It has supported itself for awhile now...Intill Yesterday when we lost one of our main servers which i cannot recover.

That's funny because on Darksoul's screen capture above it says that they're closing because they have no funds.

My Mistake, Its actually due to a corrupted provider that i lost one of my main servers and i dont feel like its great to continue.

We have had alot of funds, i am not gonna contiue this discussion ....I am not gonna turn this Good thread into a flame war.

Last edited:
My Mistake, Its actually due to a corrupted provider that i lost one of my main servers and i dont feel like its great to continue.

We have had alot of funds, i am not gonna contiue this discussion ....I am not gonna turn this Good thread into a flame war.

I don't understand this at all. You lost one server, and you're just going to throw away two years worth of work over it? Why not just get another server and restore the backups you have.

I don't understand this at all. You lost one server, and you're just going to throw away two years worth of work over it? Why not just get another server and restore the backups you have.

I do have a other server, this all of this hassle to get everything moved etc...Its just no point to me.

I dont want to turn Taos Thread into a forum all about my closing, so can we please stay on topic?

i do have a other server, this all of this hassle to get everything moved etc...its just no point to me.

i dont want to turn taos thread into a forum all about my closing, so can we please stay on topic?

......... :tired2:

Back