• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Time to rebuild my host spread

Some feedback - I didn't see anything on the forums clarifying the place of free hosting in your company offerings. Meanwhile, a technicality is that if possible my site is mostly geared to free hosts, with occasional exceptions, so if FreeResellers is your primary free brand, I'd change the link text. Generally I hold paid hosts to a higher standard, yet I believe that a paid host is also in the best position to offer a free-host loss leader division to attract new clients.

After about round 3 my approximate rule became that free hosting has to be generally available in some fashion for inclusion in this study - I can't be the only client on a free plan out of special privilege.

What is the link to the current spread. Your data with me is still hosted, but last I looked at it the version was somewhat behind with several dead hosts on it.

Also, count me as back in the game. Sorry it took so long, I like to make sure that everything is stable and secure before a relaunch.

Not bad for dealing with unexpected circumstance though. I pulled through that outage with all customer data intact, and ultimately only lost 1 customer- he was too impatient to wait for service restoration and went elsewhere.

Board Update 3-20-2011

What is the link to the current spread. Your data with me is still hosted, but last I looked at it the version was somewhat behind with several dead hosts on it.

Also, count me as back in the game. Sorry it took so long, I like to make sure that everything is stable and secure before a relaunch.

Not bad for dealing with unexpected circumstance though. I pulled through that outage with all customer data intact, and ultimately only lost 1 customer- he was too impatient to wait for service restoration and went elsewhere.

Probably something like this.

http://taophoenix.ismywebsite.com/ReVisionWhitesource.html

IsMyWebsite is back in their traditional second place after some recent effort from azoundria renewing their FWS presence including this thread. Strong newcomer Decker Services is still playing Pacer Horse at third. Babblehost and PerfectZ are collecting some uptime presence. Seraphim per above, is back to try again. Slipping a couple notches is My-Webhost because they appear to have changed their service offerings away from general free webhosting in this brand name, but it will be a little time until I can reprocess the special coding in the dash icons to represent this. (However, it's now been a while since I fully synched all the host copies.)

Adult Hosting update

According to my notes, Babblehost and Seraphim had at one point self-rated as allowing clients to host adult materials. Do you two still want to do this?

Any other hosts in this thread want to add this self-rating to your business?

They're down from here too. Something must have happened, hopefully they come back up soon.

Seems to have been down for more than 24 hours., or will be within the next 10 minutes.

Last edited:
Exits revisited

I have closed it.

No no no.
You had promise, but right there you just sunk your remaining points. Gang, this is the night side of the thread - it's all fun and games and ads, until stuff goes sour - it's the flip side of the promotional visibility. So even if your operation implodes, haul out the neon yellow and announce the closing so that the client can prepare by moving downlinks, verify backups, etc.

Good luck with your next brand.

Back