• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Time to rebuild my host spread

Yeah, since they don't exist! "The same owner performed a migration" but in business that's a warning sign. It reverts my site to "privately hosted by the owner" which isn't what my survey covers.

It's a shame they couldn't even stick around for a month.

Triggers

In a nutshell, name changes are dangerous. Owners can't just get jumpy, go down for a week, and pop back with a new company name. If you want to experiment with service offerings, the way to do that is create a bland company name and then the service offering as a brand underneath it.

The entire point of my survey is a continuity test. If you peruse the history of thread which is its entire point, the entity known as JustAPost went under. I'm well aware my "privately hosted" site is still up, so work on your company structure and I'll probably put you back.

As a global comment, I'm wondering about new hosts trying to get established offering something like BetaTester Accounts. Like a higher yield on a risky bond, they would get better specs than the slathering hordes to follow later. The risk is, that they would get caught in company tuneups. That would explicitly make clear that an account would possibly be short lived, so the client takes different protections.

Hey tao , that link you posted doesn't seem to work :)

@brandon , i guess you can start afresh with your offer and this time only do so if you're sure you're not gonna change the domain names or hosting and stuff all over again...

Phrasing

It's a shame they couldn't even stick around for a month.

My turn to bail out Brandon here. It's "thin ice" not a total sink. He's still around. He just missed a step in the processing of his switchover. Just like I have some weird plans that may not be commonly available, he just retired a division. See my previous note about Beta accounts. With those few little nuances it all changes.

It does work now tao .
Wasn't working a while ago :hm:

By "Not work" do you mean "page not found" or did it come through spotty?

It's got a fairly heavy picture graphic in it, so that it often takes me a page refresh to get the second half to come through.
But when a host DOES go down, I pull one of the other copies and watch if the dashboard light goes out. A couple hosts did have a bit of downtime here and there.

On List

woot! I am still on the list!

Of course. The list runs on a "No News is Good News" basis.

Brandon'sGames - FreezeHost will be reappearing too. We've been working on some strategy.

'Haven't heard from IsMyWebsite yet. However, I have to wait for the holidays to pass because everyone's probably away.

Of course. The list runs on a "No News is Good News" basis.

Brandon'sGames - FreezeHost will be reappearing too. We've been working on some strategy.

'Haven't heard from IsMyWebsite yet. However, I have to wait for the holidays to pass because everyone's probably away.

LIES!!!.

On a completely unrelated note I have decided on a 4x500GB RAID10 setup for the server we are going to colocate at some point after Christmas.

I think its completely insane I replied two minutes after you posted that Phoenix, especially because I had JUST plugged back in my internet...

I donno, are we?.

Randomness ftw.

But seriously, I love Barg's.

Chaos!!!.

Back on topic, does the space/bandwidth of every hosts free package affect placement at all on the list?. I'm assuming no, but it would be nice to know.

Back