• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Time to rebuild my host spread

Sure, that's why you earned the Wildcard offer.

I would like to know a couple of details about "decided that it would be best to market the services under a new name and new domain". Sure, over that length of time stuff moves around, but I am curious to know what would trigger that kind of marketing decision. Is it because you now prefer "My-Name" branding insead of "Some-Word" branding?

If you would like to be in, just send me a message with account setup details / questions. I do subdomains, and I settled on a Gig of space as the hedge against the Overseller question.

I didnt just vanish, i gave the reason why we left.

And the problem with you is that you didn't give a consistent reason. You clearly lied and/or changed your story judging by what you said here and what you said in the chat box to a "potential" client which was then posted here in the screen capture.

And the problem with you is that you didn't give a consistent reason. You clearly lied and/or changed your story judging by what you said here and what you said in the chat box to a "potential" client which was then posted here in the screen capture.

I knew who it was.

Very good.

What ultimately happened here was his funding has dried up, in one way or another, and he's trying to blame it on hardware failure.

To colorhost: You know what? Hardware failures happen. It's just the way it is. If you had backups in place, you can have the datacenter swap out your failed hardware, restore your backups, and be back up and running in a matter of a few hours with minimal data loss.

I sometimes think you just want to cause a flamewar, but w/e :p

Anyways, it wasn't a hardware failure, the server provider that he used on that server decided to dissapear of the planet, i know which one it is, and with ColorHost's permission i will say which one it is.

I sometimes think you just want to cause a flamewar

No flame-war intended. I just get sick and tired of seeing this same scenario time and time and time again.

When some host goes under, usually one of two things will happen:

1) They disappear into the night and nobody ever hears from them again.
2) They make some lame --- excuse about what happened and blame it on somebody (or something) that is out of their control.

Ok here it is - ColorHost: Long story --> Short

Upstream provider - fakes illnesses(heart attacks and comas), and conveniently 'forgets' to pay for all his servers except for his main one with his site
ColorHost - Then suffers as a consequence.

Lesson here, learn more about your upstream providers before diving straight in.

Decker Services Added

I offered deeplist / Decker Services a Wildcard slot based on his longevity and recent thread interest. In a modestly edgy move, I slotted him at #2 behind CWahi because of his business years. Here is the board on DeckerSvc's copy.

http://taophoenix.deckerservices.com/ReVisionWhitesource.html

After the recent ups and downs and maybe one more blip from someone, I expect it to quiet down to that "boring lull" part. Deeplist, you need to confirm for me if you offer free hosting as a standard offering, since if not I'd do the special-colorcode routine on your dashmarker.

We do offer free hosting, but by request only and to those who have proven just cause. As a matter of fact, there's a few members on this forum who have free hosting from us. We just do not advertise it.

That's probably close enough for now. I'd rank that as more of the anti-abuse selection process, which I am aware can get wild with free hosts.

True, I suppose. But since he asked if I was a current client I doubt he knew it was me.

Back