• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Today is my 10th Anniversary on the Site!

Yahpoolerz

You heard right, this is my 10th anniversary as a member on this site. 10 years from today I joined this site and have found nothing but great support and amazing web hosting deals.

If anyone would like to offer me a package on a good web host, let me know. I am starting my own website again and could really use some support.

I want all the features that come standard with vps hosting... cpanel X, fantastico, ssl, mySQL, php, javascript... etc.

I have a domain name http://www.thexboxcloud.com

I own this domain name but it needs hosting. I am willing to pay anywhere between 200-300 dollars a year for unlimited bandwidth and unlimited disk space. I believe that's a fair price.

I would like to start out free until I have finished coding the site. I would take anywhere between 2-6 months free hosting of fair disk space and bandwidth before I upgrade to unlimited.

I need this to get used to the features again. I will be a paid customer after the website is finished. But I am hoping and praying someone will offer me a fair deal on free hosting just until I can finish the website. At this point, once the website is released,

Then I will be more then happy to pay that amount yearly.

Any offers are on the table! Thanks :fangel:

Congrats on your 10th year!

Your problem is that there is no such thing as unlimited when it comes to hosting. It's a marketing scam used to attract people who just don't know any better. Secondly, "unlimited" is not allowed here, so there is no host that can even make you an offer.

The Forum Rules said:
NO offers with "unlimited" or "unmetered" transfer/bandwidth/space. There is no such thing.
Virtually unlimited/unmetered offers; use common sense. If it seems virtually impossible, it will be removed.

Your budget is indeed very good for either a nice VPS or shared hosting. But you really should come up with some realistic disk space and bandwidth requirements to avoid getting scammed by one of the horrid "unlimited" hosts.

as wswd said unlimited is not a true thing. Free hosting to code is simple and easy to come by then just switch to paid. You have a very acceptable budget for paid hosting and can find a very good host...

But as the old saying goes "If it seems to good to be true it probably is"

Simply put bandwidth connections have a limit and there is not a "Unlimited" hard drive plus there is no "Unlimited" interfaces for hard drives so neither is possible

My concern is that you have an average of 1.3 posts per month. You are a forum stalker!!!! :p

Congrats on your 10th year!

Your problem is that there is no such thing as unlimited when it comes to hosting. It's a marketing scam used to attract people who just don't know any better. Secondly, "unlimited" is not allowed here, so there is no host that can even make you an offer.

Your budget is indeed very good for either a nice VPS or shared hosting. But you really should come up with some realistic disk space and bandwidth requirements to avoid getting scammed by one of the horrid "unlimited" hosts.

Not quite what I expected but okay. There is a such thing as unlimited hosts out there that do not scam. I have had friends who had very good reliable web hosts. Really, if you own the server you can do what you want. So if you wanted to offer unlimited, by all means you can do it. I understand a server can only hold so much but some of these dedicated servers can hold more then you would think.

But I do greatly appreciate your response. I thank you for looking out because I know there are plenty of scammers out there, I however need a host that is very much so dedicated.

As far as the rules go, I did not break any. It says offers, mine is a request. Which is not half that bad considering my age on the site, that is if there were any who had a dedicated server capable.

Anyways, thanks again and web hosters my offer is still on the table.

To correct myself, as far as the bandwidth/space amount goes I need a lot for what I'm willing to pay. Bandwidth is very important because I will have a lot of people joining my community forum.

If you can offer unlimited then you can pm me as I would be much obliged as you were reliable and dedicated.

Thanks again wswd, I'm taking offers.

as wswd said unlimited is not a true thing. Free hosting to code is simple and easy to come by then just switch to paid. You have a very acceptable budget for paid hosting and can find a very good host...

But as the old saying goes "If it seems to good to be true it probably is"

Simply put bandwidth connections have a limit and there is not a "Unlimited" hard drive plus there is no "Unlimited" interfaces for hard drives so neither is possible

My concern is that you have an average of 1.3 posts per month. You are a forum stalker!!!! :p

I understand completely and thanks for your reply as well.

Unlimited is just what I want, but I will take any kind of offer. Just understand that the bandwidth I need is of a fairly high volume.

I did not expect to recieve an unlimited offer, although I will take any offer someone can put on the table. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello,

I didn't say you are breaking the rules. What I meant was that any host posting "unlimited" offers here to your request would be breaking the rules, as "unlimited" isn't allowed here.

Unlimited simply does not exist. There are no unlimited hard drives and no unlimited bandwidth pipes. If you decide to say use 100TB of disk space, is your host going to spends 10's of thousands of dollars putting new hard drives into the server, when you are paying $30/month? Same with bandwidth. Is a host going to allow you to saturate a 1gbit port, for example? What would the other clients have available for them?

Unlimited is simply not a realistic business model. In fact, it's an outright scam. They cover themselves after the fact with TOS/AUP, you can't host image files larger than 50kb, no videos, no attachments that aren't linked to .html files, etc. etc.

Good luck in your search though!

Hello,

I didn't say you are breaking the rules. What I meant was that any host posting "unlimited" offers here to your request would be breaking the rules, as "unlimited" isn't allowed here.

Unlimited simply does not exist. There are no unlimited hard drives and no unlimited bandwidth pipes. If you decide to say use 100TB of disk space, is your host going to spends 10's of thousands of dollars putting new hard drives into the server, when you are paying $30/month? Same with bandwidth. Is a host going to allow you to saturate a 1gbit port, for example? What would the other clients have available for them?

Unlimited is simply not a realistic business model. In fact, it's an outright scam. They cover themselves after the fact with TOS/AUP, you can't host image files larger than 50kb, no videos, no attachments that aren't linked to .html files, etc. etc.

Good luck in your search though!

Thanks, your actually right. I appreciate your help.

Still taking offers.

I'll consider your offer if it's still on the table. I'm still looking for better deals though. Really I need more disk space but it's considered. Thanks again.

Perhaps you should explain better what you need? Are you running things that require a a good amount of CPU? Or just a really really really large static website?

If you are wanting lots of space to be future proof well then perhaps consider cloud hosting? That way you can pay for what you need at reasonable costs and still have "unlimited" room to expand.

If you are looking for offers then please move over to the paid hosting request section to keep the forum clean.

More then 100gb??? WTF?!?

You should buy a server and go co-location then.

They're probably too expensive for what I want to have going. I need 1 TB of bandwidth a month and 500 GB of storage.

Perhaps you should explain better what you need? Are you running things that require a a good amount of CPU? Or just a really really really large static website?

If you are wanting lots of space to be future proof well then perhaps consider cloud hosting? That way you can pay for what you need at reasonable costs and still have "unlimited" room to expand.

Thanks for the help, I have not yet decided quite what I want to pursue in the realm of hosting. I've decided to start out shared and then move to vps. I need anywhere between 1 TB- 10 TB of bandwidth and 500 GB of storage. But I need to start small so any more offers from here should show a smaller package and then also the upgraded packages. I have 300 a year max to spend on the upgraded package. Thanks.

If you are looking for offers then please move over to the paid hosting request section to keep the forum clean.

I already posted in the request section, it's okay for this to be here. It really was about my tenth anniversary. I just don't see anything wrong with taking offers at the same time. The tenth anniversary was the reason I posted but I'm also looking for webspace so it should be alright.

I already posted in the request section, it's okay for this to be here. It really was about my tenth anniversary. I just don't see anything wrong with taking offers at the same time. The tenth anniversary was the reason I posted but I'm also looking for webspace so it should be alright.
I see something wrong with taking offers in the general discussions board. It's called off-topic, and spamming. Especially since you already posted in the requests board.

What are you hosting that you want that much bandwidth and space? Your budget wouldn't stretch far for your requirements with a reliable host. There's a reason they're expensive, because it is.

If your website is that big, you might want to off-set some of the content. I use hosting like Mega to store big files if I need to, no point storing everything on your server using space and bandwidth.

MediaTemple might be an OK bet for you, but bare in mind, they're overselling their services for cheaper prices like most hosts. They offer shared grid hosting for $20/month for 100GB storage, 1TB bandwidth, but warning you, you'll either be terminated before you reach anywhere near that (it's not just space/BW to take into account with websites) or you'll be asked to upgrade to a VPS/dedicated server. Their VPS that match your requirements start at $150 a month.

http://mediatemple.net

Last edited:
And a negative rep as well.... speaking of which, when did they take away the ability to -rep on here. That's a bit disappointing.

You can still do it. Give rep, then click "I disapprove".

They must have taken that option away from me, or something. I only see the option "I approve" when leaving rep...

fwsnonegrepoption.png

Back