• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Top ways to on marketing a website

TryUsOut

IMO marketing your website start with your content. Providing useful and relevant content in your niche is very crucial. Here are my top 6 picks:

1. Great content - be it information, service, products... providing relevance and usefulness gives you higher chances of making a visitor into a customer
2. Forum and blog posting on relevant niche - you participate constructively and learn new things while promoting your site via signature.
3. Pay-Per-Click - done properly, best at getting target traffic faster on a direct marketing approach to your potential clients.
4. Targeted Link backs - another premium way of getting the right traffic and would help also in PR building so long as you submit to high PR sites or directory
5. Article marketing - useful and relevant articles to your niche is a nice way of link baiting.
6. SEO - through link building - this will get you more traffic in the long run

Kindly add to the list... ;)

I love this list. Can you expand on targeted link backs? I've not heard that phrase before.

Thank you.

It means relevant backlinks.... if your website is based on designing then you should try to get backlinks form other graphic designing/development websites and not from sports or health related websites.
Backlinks from relevant sites would help you to get more targeted traffic :)

Anyone here knows, what is a Viral Marketing? How does it works? And How it is useful in SEO?

Viral Marketing can be considered as Marketing virus and if used in proper way can surely increase your sales. You should attract your website visitors by offering some sort of incentive for carrying your sales message. You can consider “ Affiliate Programs “ as a kind of viral marketing. There are many other forms of Viral marketing such as using your website address with your sales punch line in your signature, create helpful free downloadable ebooks and include your website address in it, participating actively in forums/blogs and social networking sites. Make sure your viral marketing campaign should not look like spamming ;)
Yes, surely such viral marketing campaign would also help you in SEO.

It also depends what sort of site you are promoting for, check your nearest competitor and analyse what he is doing to get his site promoted in the recent days, this will give a fair idea. Some sites are really tough to promote in the ways mentioned above

Does that mean I add myself to youtube?

Viral marketing is basically a technique that uses word of mouth to affect your audience. Nowadays it is a essential technique to reach large audience in social media networks such as facebook, twitter, etc. Youtube can be a channel for viral marketing, if you can exhibit interesting videos that becomes hot topics across the Internet.

I dont think Ive ever seriously attacked the marketing aspect of what I do...Im really a word-of-mouth commodity, but looking at this, I feel like it could get done farealz.
Great read bro

Seo

Fist off, TryUsOut i agree with your list:

1. Great content - be it information, service, products... providing relevance and usefulness gives you higher chances of making a visitor into a customer
2. Forum and blog posting on relevant niche - you participate constructively and learn new things while promoting your site via signature.
3. Pay-Per-Click - done properly, best at getting target traffic faster on a direct marketing approach to your potential clients.
4. Targeted Link backs - another premium way of getting the right traffic and would help also in PR building so long as you submit to high PR sites or directory
5. Article marketing - useful and relevant articles to your niche is a nice way of link baiting.
6. SEO - through link building - this will get you more traffic in the long run

Ive been working with the net since '98 and still always learning new ways to work with SEO and the entire Marketing of the "net." i am always lurking some forum to learn more about how to enhance my site, its ranking and its value to the infamous crawlers that we all want to become good friends with. one site i have been reading a lot on is: http://forums.seochat.com/google-optimization-7/ its a great place to ask questions of people that have been successful at their web campaigns.

Pay per click- Pay per click advertising is where you pay for advertising by how many times someone clicks on your ad. Websites such as Google and Yahoo offer pay per click advertising. It can be expensive, but if done right it can bring you a lot of website traffic.
Public Speaking- I will be adding this to my different ways of marketing my website this year. I speak a lot from the comfort of my own home, but I am excited to get in front of my community as well. This is a great way to build a list of potential customers and market your website at the same time.
Blogging- Blogging is a powerful way to start a dialogue with your potential customers and market your website. Search engines love blogs, because they are constantly updated.
Forums- Find 1-3 forums your potential clients visit and be a part of that community. Don't spam the forum but provide helpful information and the link to your website at the bottom of your post.

Back