• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Turning off my vps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schmarvin

Cross Industries
NLC
I'd just like everyone to know that I've stopped offering hosting of any kind.
I have no money to run the vps. Nor even a reseller. So, I've decided to close all of my sites. Clients....well...er....freely hosted peoples can contact me to get a backup of their site and databases, I've got them saved on my hard-drive.

Costs too much money and when there are problems, and then oh look, more problems with the help of bad installs from the people I bought my VPS from, it just adds up to be too much. I started almost a year ago with $240+ in my bank account, now I'm down to less than $20. No one would buy from me, and no one would sponsor. I would LOVE to keep offering free hosting and working on scripts for people, but I have no money for it.

Sorry to have disappointed everyone.

I would love to continue. I can run on any control panel. Plus, I'm good at referring people/customers.

Way to go Dan, hope to see you up and running yet again Schmarvin ;) And of course, Dan has to get something out of this deal too :p Don't forget to give it to him :D

yes i wouldnt give up mate it is hard i no being a hosting company but you just gotta stick in there, maybe get some people to help you out on forum or something to give you a little bit extra support.

I had my forum up to over 1000 posts within a month. And then, the VPS started having problems again. So now, I'm awaiting Dan for sponsorship. :) Maybe we can work out a deal.

Schmarvin,

I am waiting for you to get on MSN to give me the details for the VPS, like Hostname etc.

I sent ypu a PM with my MSN address.

Chow. :p

Thanks everyone. Things are going smoothly now. Awaiting Dan to create a banner for me to display on my site. :p
My forum is getting near 1,500 posts, and its only been a few hours. With less than 25 members.

Schmarvin,
Just some link backs and maybe a few referrals will do fine.
Just happy to be able to help out.

Dan

with the help of bad installs from the people I bought my VPS from,

I orderd a VPS the other day and it was total ----, nothing installed where it should be, 3 tickets later it was still screwed up so I turned it off in the hypervm and cancled it.
Sadly, I spent the money I could of spent moving. so now I gota wait a few weeks to move my old VPS elsewhere too.

Sorry to rant in your thread, just sick of finding a good host and then it going to crap.. lol

Good luck!

Last edited:
Yea, I know. Too bad it was the company I worked for.
Think its bad finding "CentOS 5" in the DirectAdmin license and then looking in HyperVM and finding "Fedora Core 7"?

The install from DA could be corrupt, as it pulls different files for a specific operating system. They urge in their FAQ to order it with the correct OS, and if it is wrong; then to contact them to get it fixed ASAP

Well, its definitely not possible now. As the old VPS is gone.
Besides, at least now, Cross Industries can grow without problems.
Also, I've got plans to turn it into a Social site that offers hosting so the people will stay and post on the forum and hang out.

Sean,

That is very interesting. Let's consider the fact that your order states Centos5 in it. Matter of fact, I am looking at your account right now. When you order Centos5, we license Centos5. If you change the OS afterwards, it is your responsibility to contact us for the DA license change considering your account is not managed.

PS: Your VPS is still there, it disabled and queued to be deleted today. We can turn it back on if you need to.

Best of luck in your future endeavors.

Last edited:
Can someone please tell me why myself, a Fedora Core loving person, would choose CentOS if I was given the choice?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back